Kumaon .350 Rigby Magnum

"Whether crafted in 1775, today or the years in between, this is where you can discuss your Rigby rifles and shotguns."
Gun Barrel Ecologist

Kumaon .350 Rigby Magnum

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Rigby have just uploaded pics of the newly finished London Best 'Kumaon' rifle chambered in .350 Rigby magnum which was finished just before Christmas. https://www.facebook.com/JohnRigbyandCo/
This rifle was built to the same specifications as the classic .350's we have in our London collection, many of which would have seen action in India. This magnificent example of a Rigby full custom rifle has been themed around game animals of Kumaon, India and was entirely engraved in-house by Rigby's very talented engraver Geoffrey Lignon....

Anyone know what design the scope mounts are? They look similar to those used by H&H which makes me think they were designed by a third party British company :think:

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Re: Kumaon .350 Rigby Magnum

Post by Oscar »

So, clearly not something for the next sambar camp i’m Assuming? Not unless it’s from a high seat, over a crop of turnips, where you pull up in your G wagon a mere 250m away and carry in its leather gunslip...that said, as an exhibition item it’s magnificent!

Gun Barrel Ecologist

I'll have to re-read Corbett, not sure if it is in "Man Eaters of Kumaon" where he discusses the virtues of dressing in a sari as a native girl to confuse the tiger... not sure if that is safer than climbing a tree into a gerry rigged Machan of rope with a woefully underpowered 1920's flashlight...
Either way I dont think his Rigby was anywhere near as embellished as this one

The resurrection of sorts of the .350 is also interesting, both it and the .333 Jeffrey died along with Kynoch but should be highly capable with modern bullets and powders. Hornady is doing a run of .275 stamped brass but not sure if the .350 is back in production :think:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Thats one nice looking rifle, I particularly like the finish more then the wood or the tiger.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

Beautiful rifle. Hmmm .416 & .350 Rigby. That would make a nice pair. I wonder if anybody has brass for the .350 Rigby.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

Rifletuner

Post by Rifletuner »

dchamp wrote:I wonder if anybody has brass for the .350 Rigby.
Bertram certainly have in the past. I imagine they still offer it. Maybe ask here? https://www.huntingtons.com/store/produ ... ctid=17131

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

350 Rigby brass is available from Midway or Graff's in the USA.
https://www.midwayusa.com/350-rigby/br?cid=9076
Robert J Stokes

Gun Barrel Ecologist

"Quality Cartridge" I see :think: I think Ruger will have to do a run of no1's or M77s in .350 before Hornady do a repeat of their .275s https://www.midwayusa.com/product/45510 ... -box-of-20

dmc

Post by dmc »

Gentlemen,
for any of you who are interested in the .350 Rigby Magnum, I have been making ammunition for this calibre in the UK for a couple of years with the Woodleigh 225gr bullet. see www.customcartridges.com

Return to “John Rigby And Company”