Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

User avatar
SPEEDY
Moderator
Posts: 8021
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:50 am
Location: Southern highland- Australia
Location: Albury, NSW, Australia

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by SPEEDY » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:27 pm

Certainly fits the look of the rifle better then any other mounts would have, also looks like you will still be able to use the open sights just fine despite the bases.
They really knew what they were doing when they designed them.


I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

User avatar
TheoR8
Meister der jagd
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:53 am
Location: Melbourne AUSTRALIA

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by TheoR8 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Looking good Rod. :handgestures-thumbup:

9.3x64
Meister der jagd
Posts: 2635
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:37 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by 9.3x64 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:12 pm

I like that straight 4 power Schmidt and Bender on it too.
Just seems right on that style of rifle.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

User avatar
Gun Barrel Ecologist
Moderator
Posts: 4724
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Queensland Australia

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Very nice, any chance of revealing who did the installation? Pm if necessary ;)

Rod
Meister der jagd
Posts: 645
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:01 am
Location: Brisbane
Location: Queensland, AUSTRALIA

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by Rod » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:41 pm

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:38 pm
Very nice, any chance of revealing who did the installation? Pm if necessary ;)
Rob Bloomfield of Sunshine Coast Gunsmithing did the installation mate.

Rod

Rod
Meister der jagd
Posts: 645
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:01 am
Location: Brisbane
Location: Queensland, AUSTRALIA

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by Rod » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 pm

9.3x64 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:12 pm
I like that straight 4 power Schmidt and Bender on it too.
Just seems right on that style of rifle.
Thanks mate. I didn't want a big scope sitting on her. I've seen plenty that just seemed too big (IMO) for the Stalker. Like this example found on the web:
boddington-highland-stalker-rifle-and-target.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod
Meister der jagd
Posts: 645
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:01 am
Location: Brisbane
Location: Queensland, AUSTRALIA

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by Rod » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:46 pm

SPEEDY wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:27 pm
Certainly fits the look of the rifle better then any other mounts would have, also looks like you will still be able to use the open sights just fine despite the bases.
They really knew what they were doing when they designed them.
TheoR8 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:55 pm
Looking good Rod. :handgestures-thumbup:
Thanks for the comments fellas.

Rod

User avatar
Gun Barrel Ecologist
Moderator
Posts: 4724
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Queensland Australia

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 pm

Rod wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:41 pm
Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:38 pm
Very nice, any chance of revealing who did the installation? Pm if necessary ;)
Rob Bloomfield of Sunshine Coast Gunsmithing did the installation mate.

Rod
Thanks :handgestures-thumbup:

And I agree on the scope, the last Rigby I held had a Z3 3-10x42 fitted and I don’t think anything heavier would maintain balance

User avatar
SPEEDY
Moderator
Posts: 8021
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:50 am
Location: Southern highland- Australia
Location: Albury, NSW, Australia

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by SPEEDY » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 am

I think a lot of people over scope rifles these days, they want bigger and bigger tubes and objectives and the rifles just get bulky and unbalanced.
I think most people scope their hunting rifles for the range so they can shoot as small a group as possible, and it's detrimental in the field.

Long gone are the days when a fixed 4x or 6x was the default choice of hunters.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

User avatar
mchughcb
Moderator
Posts: 8888
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:55 am
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by mchughcb » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:03 am

Looks like a nice setup and installation. I think it deserved a scope.

Excessexpress
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:11 am

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by Excessexpress » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:13 pm

SPEEDY wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 am
I think a lot of people over scope rifles these days, they want bigger and bigger tubes and objectives and the rifles just get bulky and unbalanced.
I think most people scope their hunting rifles for the range so they can shoot as small a group as possible, and it's detrimental in the field.

Long gone are the days when a fixed 4x or 6x was the default choice of hunters.

Yep. Clarity beats magnification first, last and always but some people can’t be convinced..... :hand:

Rod
Meister der jagd
Posts: 645
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:01 am
Location: Brisbane
Location: Queensland, AUSTRALIA

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker (Updated) EAW Mounts & scope fitted

Post by Rod » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:40 am

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 pm
Rod wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:41 pm
Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:38 pm
Very nice, any chance of revealing who did the installation? Pm if necessary ;)
Rob Bloomfield of Sunshine Coast Gunsmithing did the installation mate.

Rod
Thanks :handgestures-thumbup:

And I agree on the scope, the last Rigby I held had a Z3 3-10x42 fitted and I don’t think anything heavier would maintain balance
Yeah, I've handled a couple of scoped Highland Stalkers wearing larger scopes and I agree with your thoughts.
SPEEDY wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 am
I think a lot of people over scope rifles these days, they want bigger and bigger tubes and objectives and the rifles just get bulky and unbalanced.
I think most people scope their hunting rifles for the range so they can shoot as small a group as possible, and it's detrimental in the field.

Long gone are the days when a fixed 4x or 6x was the default choice of hunters.
Excessexpress wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:13 pm
SPEEDY wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 am
I think a lot of people over scope rifles these days, they want bigger and bigger tubes and objectives and the rifles just get bulky and unbalanced.
I think most people scope their hunting rifles for the range so they can shoot as small a group as possible, and it's detrimental in the field.

Long gone are the days when a fixed 4x or 6x was the default choice of hunters.

Yep. Clarity beats magnification first, last and always but some people can’t be convinced..... :hand:
I think those of us who appreciate a good fixed power are well and truly in the minority. I've given up on expressing my opinions on hunting scopes too often, unless I'm bored and looking for an argument/entertainment.
mchughcb wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:03 am
Looks like a nice setup and installation. I think it deserved a scope.
Thanks Chuck.

Post Reply

Return to “John Rigby And Company”