Rigby Highland Stalker

"Whether crafted in 1775, today or the years in between, this is where you can discuss your Rigby rifles and shotguns."
Rod
Meister der jagd

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker

Post by Rod »

Thanks for the comments fellas. I just hope I can shoot her better than I can post photos :(

cheers
rod

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Very Nice :D

O4ak95

Post by O4ak95 »

Stunning Rod! I look forward to seeing it with your 4x on it.

Tim

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

O4ak95 wrote:Stunning Rod! I look forward to seeing it with your 4x on it.

Tim
G'day Tim, yep I've got both a Kahles and a S&B sitting in their boxes at present...I'll probably use the S&B...nah the Kahles...well one of them anyway...and put her in some EAW mounts. I've already asked the dealer to order them.

I do love my 4 X scopes and I'm buggered if I know why the Europeans stopped making them ? And for that matter why everyone seems to be buying big optics these days.

Anyway, hopefully I'll take both the Rigby's up home at the end of the year and take them for a walk.

So much hunting to do and so little time and cash.

Cheers
Rod

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:Very Nice :D
Thanks GBE.

Rod

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Rod wrote:
I do love my 4 X scopes and I'm buggered if I know why the Europeans stopped making them ? And for that matter why everyone seems to be buying big optics these days.
Because people these days spend more time trying to shoot tiny little groups at the range then they do hunting.
People have forgotten about getting a fast sight picture and being able to hit running game, so they put big, heavy range scopes on their rifles and think that will make it easier to hit game because it makes it easier to hit paper.
I don't go above 10x myself, I know in the field any more power is a disadvantage, most of my shots are taken at 4-5X with the scope only getting cranked up to 10x when I'm setting up a comfortable position on a longer shot.
My 44mag has a 4x on it, I actually found anything bigger makes it harder to use in its hunting ranges and on game like pigs, quick shots need fast acquisition.

So a vastly reduced demand has stopped production on a great range of low power scopes because the people buying them these days just aren't there.

But a 4x will go great on a gun like that, great choice :handgestures-thumbup:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Have to agree with that Speedy.

Cheers
Rod

Return to “John Rigby And Company”