Blaser Rail Optics Mount Barrel Clearance

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

ray11bb4
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

Blaser Rail Optics Mount Barrel Clearance

Post by ray11bb4 »

I am looking for an optic for a R8 that I just bought. I am having a 450 Bushmaster semi-weight barrel made and also plan to buy a match weight 6.5 Creedmore barrel. I am looking at optics that I can get with the Blaser rail mounts. The leading contenders are the Zeiss Victory V8 1.8-14x50mm and the Swarovski Z8i SR 2-16x50. I would like to use the same optic for boath barrles.
What ammount of clearance will I be getting on a semi-weight and a match weight barrel with these 50mm objective lense optics?

Thanks in advance for the information!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Columbus, OH

Sigsako

Re: Blaser Rail Optics Mount Barrel Clearance

Post by Sigsako »

The clearance between the objective bell on a Swarovski Z8i 2-16 x 50 fitted with a Henneberger rail mount, which is identical in height to the Blaser rail mount, and the standard profile Blaser barrel is 6.5mm.
Same 6.5mm with Swarovski cap fitted.
Bloody awesome scope that Z8i.
BB6FBF01-2D01-40FC-BBB7-F36B1A95A4AC.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sigsako

Post by Sigsako »

Sigsako wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:59 am
The clearance between the objective bell on a Swarovski Z8i 2-16 x 50 fitted with a Henneberger rail mount, which is identical in height to the Blaser rail mount, and the standard profile Blaser barrel is 6.5mm.
Same 6.5mm with Swarovski cap fitted.
Bloody awesome scope that Z8i.

BB6FBF01-2D01-40FC-BBB7-F36B1A95A4AC.jpeg
0C02A702-F4AE-4330-9406-4672EDB2009B.jpeg

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

Hi Ray,

I would definetly take one of the Henneberger scope mounts. Made similar tot the Blaser´s, but with some improvements: Using a Tory wrench to adjust the levers screws and with the Swarovski SR-rail, the teeth are machined from the solid and are not just a cheap plastic insert.

And the Swarovski Z8i 2-16x50 is indeed the best optic on the market. I am using one myself for 3,5 years now. :-)

https://www.titanium-gunworks.com/hms-samo.html

https://www.titanium-gunworks.com/swaro ... x50-p.html

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.de

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”