This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

LAairhunter
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

Re: Scope for Blaser R8 22LR

Post by LAairhunter »

Guys,

I ordered the aforementioned Meopta scope from B&H Photo in NYC about 6-7 weeks ago, and just today got notice that it’s being shipped (it had been on back order). So, I think it’s finally hitting our shores. It sounds like it’ll be a good scope for airguns, too - it’s even capable of handling the recoil from “springer” airguns (which can be tough on scopes). Here’s a write up on it:

https://soldiersystems.net/2021/08/26/m ... djustment/

M

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

I have gone a different route for my R8 Rimfire kit.
I was lucky enough to pick up an unused Docter classic 6x42 still in the box.
This is one of my favourite scopes as it weighs a mere 360 grams, is very short, and still has a 42mm objective and high quality lenses. I am currently having the parallax adjusted to 50 metres.
This will make a fine lighter setup for walking and shooting small game.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

All anyone ever used to have on a 22lr where I grew up was a fixed 6x or 4x scope.
They still seem perfect to me. 👍
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Rod wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:28 pm
marauder wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:51 am
Hello,

I’m trying to choose a scope for a 22 LR barrel on a Blaser R8. The centerfire barrels will wear Swarovski Z8i with BTF elevation turrets.

Key things for me are something that is fairly lightweight, able to have correct parallax and focus at close distances (50m or less), and some way of compensating for bullet drop (whether that be ballistic turrets or a reticle).

Open to first or second focal plane, but don’t want a 1FP with high magnification as then the reticles are too thin at lower magnifications. Magnification of 9x to 15x on the top end should be plenty.

Budget is flexible. Happy to hear suggestions regardless of price.

On the shortlist I have:

Meopta Optika5 2.5-10x42 Rimfire ZPlus (25mm tube, 2FP, ballistic reticle, capped turrets, min parallax 10m, weight 590g)

ZEISS Conquest V4 4-16x44 with ASV (30mm tube, 2FP, various reticle options, ASV ballistic turret option, min parallax 10m, weight 640g)

Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 P BT (25mm tube, 2FP, duplex reticle with ballistic turrets, min parallax 50m, weight 450g)

Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 F1(30mm tube, 1FP, MRAD reticle and exposed ballistic turrets, min parallax 25m, weight 850g)

What are your recommendations?
I just ordered one of these to try out

Meopta Optika5 2.5-10x42 Rimfire ZPlus (25mm tube, 2FP, ballistic reticle, capped turrets, min parallax 10m, weight 590g)

Been told to expect delivery sometime later in the year.

If this scope doesn’t cut it for range work….then I’ll probably try the V4 4-16 x 44.

If I do get into serious LR stuff 🙈 then I’ll bite the bullet and go Voodoo and NF.

Rod
Hi Rod, just wondering if you have had a chance to test the Meopta out yet?
I would be interested in your opinion?
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

No mate. It hasn’t arrived at QGE. Been told that it should be here by December. I’ll let you know when I get it home.

Rod

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”