March Compact Scopes & Blaser Mounts

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

TexasWestPointer

March Compact Scopes & Blaser Mounts

Post by TexasWestPointer »

Good afternoon! I have some Blaser Scope questions:

1. Has anyone figured out how to mount a March Compact 1.5-15x42mm scope to a Blaser? It mounts just fine, but I need the scope a little closer back to my eyes.

I'm kind of impressed with these little March scopes, just curious if anyone else has tested them or compared them to the Z8i Swarovski scopes.

2. How do you take the new style rings on and off without damaging the scope tube? Any tips?

Thanks,

Jeff

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Re: March Compact Scopes & Blaser Mounts

Post by secondtry »

I can't find a 1.5-15 x42 March on the web site.

I have a 2.5-25 x42 that I can have a fiddle with if that's what you have, but can't help with 1.5-15 x anything.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

TexasWestPointer wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:02 pm Good afternoon! I have some Blaser Scope questions:

2. How do you take the new style rings on and off without damaging the scope tube? Any tips?

Thanks,

Jeff
Just use 2 Allen keys and put them in the scope ring screw holes and squeeze them together with your thumb and forefinger. This will open the top ring just enough to slip over your scope tube. :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

TexasWestPointer wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:02 pm Good afternoon! I have some Blaser Scope questions:

1. Has anyone figured out how to mount a March Compact 1.5-15x42mm scope to a Blaser? It mounts just fine, but I need the scope a little closer back to my eyes.

Thanks,

Jeff
2 ways that I can think of, off the top of my head if it's a big problem for you. 1 Cut the back of your stock off to give you the best eye relief possible :doh: or get a Blaser pic rail off Pigeon. :handgestures-thumbup: Its a curse, when you have long arms :doh: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

AxP

Post by AxP »

They are an interesting option, the March-Compact 1.5-15x42, the specifications intersect with the Swaro Z8 1.7-13.3x42, being even more compact than the Swaro, I don't know how the optical quality compares to the Z8...
https://www.optics-trade.eu/en/march-hu ... 15x42.html
https://marchscopes.com/scopes/d15v42iml/

Regarding scope mounts, if are need the scope a little closer back, there are offset mounts, rear extension, for example, HMS SAMO Ø30, KR25, are extended rearward by 25 mm.

https://www.optics-trade.eu/en/henneber ... 30-mm.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hunting toys: Blaser R8, 9.3x62, .308Win, 6.5x55SE, Benelli Montefeltro 12Ga

TexasWestPointer

Post by TexasWestPointer »

Really appreciate your advice! Thanks much. I'm going to mount the Z8i 1.7 to my Blaser and move the March to my one AR, but I'm looking at those mounts you posted also thank you!

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”