Reflex or red dot

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

sav338
Meister der jagd

Re: Reflex or red dot

Post by sav338 »

Is there much of a price difference between H1 and the H2 ?

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:Isn’t the Aimpoint also available in a 4MoA version? Or is that now only an option with the 9000, carbine optic, and other lines, not the H2?
Interesting, I never knew that was available.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

9.3x64 wrote:
Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:Isn’t the Aimpoint also available in a 4MoA version? Or is that now only an option with the 9000, carbine optic, and other lines, not the H2?
Interesting, I never knew that was available.
9000, H1 & H2 have a 4MoA option https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-micro-h-1/ & https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-micro-h-2/
Not sure if a 4MoA H2 is a standard option with the Blaser mount though

LAairhunter

Post by LAairhunter »

I will say this, I've tried all sorts of shotgun red-dot sights (with rifles, the "cross-dominance" of my eyes isn't an issue as I'm usually shutting one eye), and in the process of doing so, I've tried several different incarnations of attaching Aimpoints to the shotgun. However, this new Aimpoint S-1 is better than any of those other attachments. And, owing to the fact that you don't really have to sight it in (I just get the Aimpoint lined up with the shotgun's bead), you can easily move it from shotgun to shotgun. In fact, I'm going wingshooting in Argentina in a few months, and I'm not taking a shotgun, but I'm going to take the S-1 and attach it to one of their shotguns.

As an aside, one Aimpoint attachment that I haven't tried, and that could potentially make an H1, H2, T1 or T2 similar to the new S1 in that it attaches the aforementioned sights to the shotgun's rib is the below attachment (you may need a Google YouTube account to see this official Aimpoint video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD83YyBHQz0
In this set-up, though, the dot would still be higher than the S-1 as the S-1 puts the dot in the lower third of the optic.

Here's what the Aimpoint S-1 looks like on the shotgun (I purposely chose a still image showing the wad leaving the shotgun as I thought that neat):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bwtf

Post by Bwtf »

The S1 looks like it might have some real potential with shotgun shooting, could be good for teaching new shooters lead too. This definitely interests me,

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”