question about Aimpoint Micro H2 on Blaser Mount

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

LAairhunter

question about Aimpoint Micro H2 on Blaser Mount

Post by LAairhunter »

Dear Gang,

I just obtained an Aimpoint Micro H2 in the newer Blaser (2 point) mount (item # 200187 from Aimpoint), and I wanted to make sure that what I got is normal for this item.

The sight came in a box that said "Aimpoint Micro H2 with no mount", but within the box the Aimpoint was actually already mounted on a Blaser mount. On the box, the last digit of the item # had been changed with a ballpoint pen to reflect the correct item #. Does this sound right?

Also, the Micro H2 has lens covers, and the front lens cover doesn't completely snap flush on the optic owing to there not being enough room for it to do so on the Blaser mount. Is something that those of you who have this item have noticed, too? Or, could it be that I got an older Blaser two-point mount that was intended for the Aimpoint Micro H1?

TIA for any insights,
Mark

RexMundi

Re: question about Aimpoint Micro H2 on Blaser Mount

Post by RexMundi »

I don't have one but if you google "aimpoint h2 blaser" you get a lot of pictures.

LAairhunter

Post by LAairhunter »

Rex,

That's a good idea, and when I do so it makes me wonder if there aren't subtle differences between the Blaser H1 and Blaser H2 mounts that allow for the front lens cap to close.

Anyone else know if Blaser makes a slightly different mount for the Aimpoint H2 or is it the same as the H1 mount?

M

LAairhunter

Post by LAairhunter »

I realize it's bad form to continue to reply to one's own thread, but as I peruse more images of the Blaser H2 mounts on Google (as per Rex's suggestion), I do see a subtle difference between what I received and the images online. My mount doesn't have as deep a furrow on the front (to allow for the front lens cap of the H2) as the Aimpoint H2 Blaser mounts that I'm seeing in Google images - in other words, there are two different "two-point" (i.e. newer) Blaser mounts for the Aimpoints - one for the H1 and one for the H2 - my "package" Aimpoint H2 Blaser mount is an H2 mounted on a Blaser H1 mount.

M

RexMundi

Post by RexMundi »

That's what I thought, there are some pictures where the difference is clearly visible. I'd go back to where you got yours from.

LAairhunter

Post by LAairhunter »

Rex,

That was great advice on your part - Google images and YouTube are starting to become my "go to" source for trying to figure stuff out. Heck, I cleaned a deer this past year (for the first time in several years) by discreetly first watching a YouTube video to refresh my memory so I didn't look like a putz.

M

rick137

Post by rick137 »

The amount of material needed to be removed from lens cover is small so I used a nail clipper and now my Aimpoint Micro T2 fits an H1 Blaser mount with no issues.
Paper is my game, steel the same.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

You are all correct :)

I have an H1 on the early mount and an H2 on the later mount. The mounts are different, and the objective end of the H1 is fatter than the H2.
I can't get the original rubber lens caps on the H1 to fit on the early mount. Because of the larger diameter of the H1 objective, I doubt that rick137s very sensible solution would work with an H1 on an early mount.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Just seen thus thread and its a bit annoying the h1 rubber cap won't fit square on the mount but when im hunting its off so its a moot point.

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”