Importing a rifle scope INTO the US from EU?

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Mcardenal

Importing a rifle scope INTO the US from EU?

Post by Mcardenal »

Hello all,

Found a Leica scope in Latvia. What do I need to consider (if anything) with regards to customs such as tariff or permits? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stokesrj

Re: Importing a rifle scope INTO the US from EU?

Post by stokesrj »

I've imported from the EU with no problems but it would be better if someone in the EU were to advise you because I don't know what they did on their end.
Robert J Stokes

RexMundi

Post by RexMundi »

If you haveit shipped to me I think I could forward it to you so you do not have to pay any extra costs. I'll look into that if you want me to.

Mcardenal

Post by Mcardenal »

Update:
Hello all,
Just wanted to give a quick update on my experience with importing a scope from Latvia.
Everything went relatively smooth I think. It took about two weeks to get everything lined up such as;
- submitting a signed letter from me to Latvian customs certifying that the scope would be for my personal recreational use (hunting). The seller handled everything on his end. I emailed him a copy and mailed him an original.
- once everything cleared on the sellers side he shipped the scope quickly. NOTE: he removed the c2032 battery from the scope to avoided lithium battery shipping restrictions or complications.
- once it arrived stateside I had to pay a brokerage fee to UPS of about $80 via COD in order for them to release the scope. NOTE: as far as I can tell US customs did not assess an import tax.

Spearhead

Post by Spearhead »

Mcardenal wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:33 am Update:
Hello all,
Just wanted to give a quick update on my experience with importing a scope from Latvia.
Everything went relatively smooth I think. It took about two weeks to get everything lined up such as;
- submitting a signed letter from me to Latvian customs certifying that the scope would be for my personal recreational use (hunting). The seller handled everything on his end. I emailed him a copy and mailed him an original.
- once everything cleared on the sellers side he shipped the scope quickly. NOTE: he removed the c2032 battery from the scope to avoided lithium battery shipping restrictions or complications.
- once it arrived stateside I had to pay a brokerage fee to UPS of about $80 via COD in order for them to release the scope. NOTE: as far as I can tell US customs did not assess an import tax.
I sent you a pm.

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”