S&B Polar Vs. Victory HT vs. Others...

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Re: S&B Polar Vs. Victory HT vs. Others...

Post by Joe338ST »

mchughcb wrote:Oh boy. I wonder what is going at the quality control department?
Drinking too much Jaigermeister on the job I think. :roll:
or the quality controller is going blind and not telling anyone.... :shock:

Joe
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

I've had/seen s*itty service before,but schmidt and bender are like record breakers in this regard,not the regular boring world champions,they are Olympic champions in the sh*tty service department...
It will be two months,in a couple of days, since I sent my scope to them(supposedly to be replaced by a new one) and I still don`t have any Info on what is happening with my scope. They didn`t answer my emails,they did nothing what so ever. Their dealer is also a *hitty service provider(but I'll deal with them via the committee for consumer protection)...
Jordan

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

JPBlaser wrote:I've had/seen s*itty service before,but schmidt and bender are like record breakers in this regard,not the regular boring world champions,they are Olympic champions in the sh*tty service department...
It will be two months,in a couple of days, since I sent my scope to them(supposedly to be replaced by a new one) and I still don`t have any Info on what is happening with my scope. They didn`t answer my emails,they did nothing what so ever. Their dealer is also a *hitty service provider(but I'll deal with them via the committee for consumer protection)...
I truly believe sometimes it takes a threat and a follow through as well ,
with a consumer protection authority to make individual to be accountable and get action. Your not asking for compensation but to get what you paid for.
Good luck

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

I called their service centre about an hour ago,they assured me that they are going to check and get back to me...
I'm not having that... I'll give them another half hour and I'm calling them again and I'm asking to speak to someone who has some authority to deal with my problem. I'm sick of this sh**.The consumer protection committee will be involved very,very soon.
Anyway I intend to get rid of anything schmidt and bender. The scope is a gonner as soon as I get it(either the old one "cleaned again" or a new replacement). I'm also going to write a post describing the whole situation + pictures and so on,so more people are informed about how Schmidt und Bender treat their civilian market costumers.
They have a reeeeeeeaaaaallly loooong,loooong way to go until they reach the kind of service Zeiss or Aimpoint are providing.
Jordan

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Its probably worth researching who their director is and send him or her that email. Always use written communication .
Directors usually don't want to get involved and want this sorted post haste.
That usually shakes the tree. especially if they know it will be taken further on social media, and consumer affairs.

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

Went to the dealer today...Saw the whole correspondence... Even from the second time around the dealer asked for a new unit.
Spoke on the phone to a service guy that told me that they sent the old one back to the dealer on the first of march so I should have it by the end of the week.I asked to speak to someone that can solve my problem.And I had a little talk with one of the managers at schmidt and bender ,he assured me that they are going to give me a new unit.
Anyway... next week I should have a new scope.
Which is going up for sale the minute I get it in my hands.

Best regards,
Jordan

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Geez, this all kicked off back on August 1st and it is still causing you grief? Can't blame you for wanting to dump the scope but may be if they do send a new one it won't have manure floating around in it and it will be good to go? Could save yourself a few pennies keeping hold of it? But I get the idea that you might never get much joy out of owning it now. Hope it works out - well, works out as best it can now....!
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

Actually I first got the scope mid september.
The guy from SandB didn`t offer any compensation whatsoever ,he just said that they are going to replace it with a new one. I hate the thought that the same s*it could happen with the new one, I would really hate to have to go through the same bull all over again...
Jordan

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Just cannot believe the bullshit you've just gone through Jordan.... when you pay good coin you'd expect excellent quality, not this crap.....
Joe

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

A little update...
Two months and a half had passed since I sent my s&b polar for the third time to them.
I spoke to the sales manager that handles my location.I had to do some yelling to get sh*t done.Any way it took about 45 minutes of yelling and shouting on the frickin` phone so the guys at s&b would do what I they should have done looooooong,looooooong time ago. They assured me that I'm getting a new scope as soon as the dealer sends back the original one,which was at a desk in their service center(never sent back to the dealer after the third time I returned it).S&B never sent the original scope(that was returned 3 times to them) back to me/the dealer(and they assured me they did that). After all the shouting and yelling they found the scope in 10 minutes. I threatened them that I'm writing about my experience so far in every internet forum I can think of and is known to me. I also demanded compensation for all my trouble so far - They promised some lousy scope cover and some marketing material...like I need any.. They also lied to me that they are sending the scope with the express service and they sent it via the slowest one. They sent the new scope last friday... It only arrived to the dealer yesterday evening. I'm kind busy right now and will be able to get the scope at Monday maybe.
Currently I'm writing an article about my experience with s&b costumer service which will be translated in a couple of languages and I intend to do what I promised,once I'm ready with it, I'm posting it in every internet forum I can think of.
Let`s see if others will get the courage to write about their mishaps with that brand..- it may come as a surprise for most people ,but there are a lot of people that had to deal with the same bull....In my area I know about 6 or 7 instances of similar issues.

Best regards,
Jordan

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Should have bought a Kahles :dance:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

that is dis heartening and downright unaceptable what you have and still going through.
makes me weary in buying one and makes me grateful I've got swarovkis and zeiss.
I've never had any issue with my zeiss. But a few years back i took a bad fall in a creek where i passed out for a couple seconds (I think) but the scope copped a decent knock and dent . i sent it back to Swaro asking them to give me a price on repairing it. the scope came back fixed at no cost with a report on what was done . the service was fantastic .

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

That sounded like a nightmare.

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Shmidt and bulldust.......should be the new name for that company.....
Joe

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Joe338ST wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:04 am Shmidt and bulldust.......should be the new name for that company.....
Nah, Schmidt and Bender works fine 'cause they like to Benda the truth...... Doubtless, Jordan won't think that near as funny as I do...
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”