S&B Polar Vs. Victory HT vs. Others...

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

JPBlaser

Re: S&B Polar Vs. Victory HT vs. Others...

Post by JPBlaser »

Guys, I took delivery of my new S&B Polar T96 scope today. I couldn`t be more pleased with my choice.I'm actually very impressed,and I'm also hooked(big time). I'll be buying more S&B products in the near future.
This is one hell of a scope.. I strongly recommend it to everyone who needs a low light hunting scope.It WILL deliver,big time!!!
Just went for a quick field test,just looking through the scope,no rifle under it,I'm truly impressed to say the least.. :violin: .

Best regards,
Jordan

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

Just mounted it in the blaser saddle mount....I should be able to do some shooting and to sight it in tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jordan

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

That's a serious looking scope. Hopefully I'll have a look through one, one day.

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

The R93 looks like a toy under it.. :D I can`t wait to start shooting with it...
Jordan

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Which height rings did you use and does the scope fit in the slot in a Blaser C case with those turrets?

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:Which height rings did you use and does the scope fit in the slot in a Blaser C case with those turrets?
I just got regular rings,I don`t know if there is another height available.
For the blaser case,I don`t know since I don`t own such a case..
The turrets aren`t too tall so I think it might fit..

Best regards,
Jordan

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

A little update on that one... German quality... not so much these days...
I only managed to fire around 15 to 20 shots with the 9,3 and the Schmidt. After ten or so shots I got some dust on and around the reticle(maybe it`s paint particles that were not properly cleaned when the scope was assembled,I don`t know,and frankly I don`t care).The scope went off for warranty service. I got it back a month and a half after giving it to the dealer(and I live in the EU). This time I put it on my 308 win. barrel and even before shooting it I saw another piece of something inside the optic,It was only visible on low magnification from the eyebox ,the other way around(from objective) it was visible on all magnification settings.I gave it back to the dealer and it should have went to Schmidt and Bender by now.
Needless to say ,I'm disappointed by the way they(the dealer and schmidt & bender) handled this issue. Never expected that I'm going to get a serviced scope that has the same issue even bigger than the first time I sent it.I lost confidence in that brand...
They said that they are going to act a as fast as possible that time(not sure how to interpret that).. Anyway... The wait is on again..

Best regards,
Jordan

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

JPBlaser wrote:A little update on that one... German quality... not so much these days...
I only managed to fire around 15 to 20 shots with the 9,3 and the Schmidt. After ten or so shots I got some dust on and around the reticle(maybe it`s paint particles that were not properly cleaned when the scope was assembled,I don`t know,and frankly I don`t care).The scope went off for warranty service. I got it back a month and a half after giving it to the dealer(and I live in the EU). This time I put it on my 308 win. barrel and even before shooting it I saw another piece of something inside the optic,It was only visible on low magnification from the eyebox ,the other way around(from objective) it was visible on all magnification settings.I gave it back to the dealer and it should have went to Schmidt and Bender by now.
Needless to say ,I'm disappointed by the way they(the dealer and schmidt & bender) handled this issue. Never expected that I'm going to get a serviced scope that has the same issue even bigger than the first time I sent it.I lost confidence in that brand...
They said that they are going to act a as fast as possible that time(not sure how to interpret that).. Anyway... The wait is on again..

Best regards,
Farrrrk! That is very dissapointing! Never thought a high end scope like that would have such quality control issues! I was looking at getting a Polar scope by S&B simply because the 96% light transmission coating they are using is geared towards the dusk and dawn wavelengths also. Supposedly nothing beats it! Their coating on the lenses is awesome but having dust on them internally, I am very concerned. I'd have asked for a replacement and not accepted a repair! That is just dog$hi+....It's like you bought a second hand scope. I suggest you write to S&B.....and tell them your expressing your concerns on a forum.

Joe
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Wow Jordan that is disappointing to hear that.
As Joe suggested I would demand a new scope . Im sure they wouldn’t want the word to get around on forums like this . Let alone taking them to a consumer law agency.
Please keep us updated as I’m possibly interested in getting one in the next year or so.
Best wishes
Steve

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

I don`t think that they consider it a big deal...anyway I intend to hold off on the nasty e-mail writing for now. If I don`t get my scope in the next week or so I'm going to write to them to ask them WTF?!?!. I wrote that post so people can see how even the big names in the business fork up some times...my point is that Manure happens(I don`t know if you all will believe me ,but I didn`t even curse at them when I saw both issues)...
I'm disappointed by the way they handled the issue so far,but I'm not at all angry,the problem will be solved one way or another...
By the way, when I first got it, the scope had exceptional image quality,I went out in the field in the evening just to have a look through it and it was very,very bright(Not sure if you'll be able to see any difference to the Victory HT),the corrections are very positive and inspire confidence. The model looks like it`s very good, it seems that the quality assurance guy that checked mine had a rough day.. :D

Best regards,
Jordan

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

sav338 wrote:I shot my Zeiss victory out just past 1100 metres on my 300wby at a plate , awesome clarity , worth a look,
VICTORY V8 2.8–20x56
The perfectionist with light reserves
The 2.8–20x56 ZEISS VICTORY V8 opens up every opportunity – from long-distance shots to hunting deep into the twilight. 92% light transmission ensures bright, high-contrast images. This model is compact and easy to use, making it the perfect match for even the highest quality rifles.

IMG_0416.JPG
Who makes that rail mount that is on your scope I have been looking for something like that? How do you take it on and off?

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

MM wrote:
sav338 wrote:I shot my Zeiss victory out just past 1100 metres on my 300wby at a plate , awesome clarity , worth a look,
VICTORY V8 2.8–20x56
The perfectionist with light reserves
The 2.8–20x56 ZEISS VICTORY V8 opens up every opportunity – from long-distance shots to hunting deep into the twilight. 92% light transmission ensures bright, high-contrast images. This model is compact and easy to use, making it the perfect match for even the highest quality rifles.

IMG_0416.JPG
Who makes that rail mount that is on your scope I have been looking for something like that? How do you take it on and off?
The rail mount for the scope is a blaser saddle mount but the one holding the buble level is from Innomount . It’s in their catalogue sorry but can’t remember page number , and I bought it from. http://www.upgradeyourrifle.com/gb/

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

They promised that they will act as fast as possible and this time they were twice as fast. I just got my rifle scope back from the second trip to Germany. First inspection did not show any more crap inside...Let`s see what happens once I shoot it ,unfortunately this won`t happen for another week or so...
Let`s hope that this was it`s last trip to Germany for warranty service.

Best regards,
Jordan

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

That's good news! A new replacement scope or repaired? Serial number unchanged? Yes let's just hope that there's no more sheisen dust inside it.......keep us posted....

Joe
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

"Tier one " from England build and sell a replacement ring for the Blaser saddle mount that has a bubble level built in and they also offer 20 MOA rings.
I would next time go that way for the next scope.
PS keep us up to date with your scope as I am saving up for a new either SB or Swarovski X5, but undecided as yet.
Cheers
Steve

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”