S&B Polar Vs. Victory HT vs. Others...

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Re: S&B Polar Vs. Victory HT vs. Others...

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Any update on this, or hasnt it seen range time yet?

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

I'm a little busy right now,so I hope that range time will happen somewhere next weekend.. For now it looks pretty good.Although there is a seriously stupid idea buzzing in my head .. Every time I pick up that scope I feel like smashing some wallnuts with it...good thing I don`t have any at the moment... :D
I suppose they tested it better this time. I'd like to think that this was it`s last visit home...
Anyway,a different technician did the disassembly/reassembly process this time. So I guess we will see how good of a job he did.. ;)

Best regards,
Jordan

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

JPBlaser wrote:I'm a little busy right now,so I hope that range time will happen somewhere next weekend.. For now it looks pretty good.Although there is a seriously stupid idea buzzing in my head .. Every time I pick up that scope I feel like smashing some wallnuts with it...good thing I don`t have any at the moment... :D
I suppose they tested it better this time. I'd like to think that this was it`s last visit home...
Anyway,a different technician did the disassembly/reassembly process this time. So I guess we will see how good of a job he did.. ;)

Best regards,
I have some monster walnuts if you come to need them :D :D

20171209_161038
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

Zboneee

Post by Zboneee »

Interesting that you experienced foreign particles in the new S&B scope. I had the same experience with a S&B Summit scope. Great scope, but WTF? When I returned it for service they acted like it was no big deal. It came back clean, but I have to say I have owned MANY much less expensive Leupold scopes and none ever had stray debris inside the tube. I also have the same debris problem with a Leica ERi 2.5-10x40 scope. One of these days I'll return it to them to fix it.

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

Schmidt and Bender worked really hard to annoy me and are going to get what they asked for...
Thorough update in the following days.. :D
Jordan

Craig

Post by Craig »

So, it wasn't just me then. I purchased a NIB S&B Classic scope a few years ago and, it too, had foreign particles floating in it. I was really surprised to see this in a S&B, but they corrected the problem.

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

So far they tried to correct the problem twice,and there are still foreign particles inside.. Same effin problem three times in a row..And my scope had a holo sticker which said quality checked...How lucky a man should be?! :D
This time I demanded my scope being changed with a new one.
I wrote a mail to them to let them know how disappointed I am with the quality of their service and product so far(mail was sent last week,still no reply).
I also left feedback on their page and I gave some hell to the distributor I bought the scope from(although they are trying to do a good job and keep me happy).
Waiting for the drama to unfold so I can write about it more thoroughly.

Best regards,
Jordan

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Oh boy. I wonder what is going at the quality control department?

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

Not much probably.... :D
Jordan

Gun Barrel Ecologist

I grabbed a Zenith when Eurooptic had them at a price too good to refuse last year. So far so good, I have managed to cut the ocular rubber ring so it will be fun to see how they respond to a request for something basic.
A couple of years ago I had to replace lens covers for both Kahles and Leica bino’s - the difference in customer service was chalk and cheese

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:I grabbed a Zenith when Eurooptic had them at a price too good to refuse last year. So far so good, I have managed to cut the ocular rubber ring so it will be fun to see how they respond to a request for something basic.
A couple of years ago I had to replace lens covers for both Kahles and Leica bino’s - the difference in customer service was chalk and cheese
Which brand provided better customer service? Kahles or Leica?
Just asking,because I also sent my new driven game scope for the same problem I had with the schmidt and want to know what to expect...

Best regards,
Jordan

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Kahles by a wide margin!

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

That`s good.. They will have to deal with this foreign object into my helia 1-5x24i. It moves around when reloading and shooting...came loose for the first time while rearranging my gun safe...
2017 was not very good for optics purchases, for me at least.. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JPBlaser on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

It does seem you are having an unusually high level of problems with scopes. I have had a few problems but nothing like these.
Robert J Stokes

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

By the way, those two optics have never been dropped,hit or something of this nature....They were handled with the up most care all the time. I can`t imagine what would happen if I dropped them or hit something with them...

Wrote to schmid and bender 5 days ago,still no answer..Called the dealer.... same thing,they don`t know anything...
Jordan

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”