Aimpoint Micro Mounting System = Blaser versus Henneberger

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

mchughcb

Aimpoint Micro Mounting System = Blaser versus Henneberger

Post by mchughcb »

Just a short note on the henneberger mount system versus the genuine blaser mount system.

I received my blaser mount system for a aimpoint H1 micro from Pigeon - thankyou very much ;) . After installing today I made a couple of notes.

1. screws are torx not allen key heads so make sure you have a torx driver.
2. The blaser mount sits a few more millimetres higher than the henneberger. Okay for me, but may be not okay for others.
3. You can't put the eye piece cover the rubber cap covers squarely on the aimpoint as the mount prevents this. It wasn't an issue with the henneberger. The larger front piece is okay because the mount is recessed to allow enough clearance for the cover. I can leave it on and it will protect the lens but by not sitting squarely it my smudge the lens with the rubber.

Other than those minor things it looks good, fits securely and aligns my eye with the dot.

I hunt at least once a week with the aimpoint so can't recommend them enough.

SPEEDY

Re: Aimpoint Micro Mounting System = Blaser versus Henneberger

Post by SPEEDY »

I like the EAW at least in theory, thats what I intend to replace the blaser mount I have with.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I find the Blaser mount to be the best of the ones I've looked at. It keeps the red dot at the same height as other optics and that reinforces muscle memory to reproduce the same cheek weld. That is important to me, anyway. It is also overbuilt strong and I do know some of the earlier single point mounts failed to endure recoil. The current Blaser mount is the only one I've used but I find that it is fully satisfying my expectations. I liked my first one so much I bought four others so I can leave them set up for different guns/barrels.
Robert J Stokes

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I like the height of the blaser mount, the gap between the mount and the barrel is a bit ungainly looking.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”