Finaly I did it - my K95

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

SPEEDY

Re: Finaly I did it - my K95

Post by SPEEDY »

I love the rifle and the calibre but find the scope a little big, although that comes down to personal choice.

I'm sure your going to love it.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

Hi Speedy, which kind of scope would You have put on it? Last year I bought the 50mm Z8i and decided not to put it on the K95 (as this one is definitely too big for the petite gun) and put it on my .375H&H instead, which as the right decision. I definitely need a scope with light gathering ability for night hunting on wild boar without artificial light. I am sure this 42mm will fulfill my needs at least on low magnification during night times, but I doubt that there is any other who will, being smaller. As well, as the optical qualities (brilliance, sharpness,...) are at maximum with the Z8i edition - and after I have been using my Z8i 2-16x50, I won´t go back any step with the quality of the scope anymore!!!

And to remember: the image taken is in perspective, showing more the scope then the gun - so the scope may appear bigger compared to the gun
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That could be it, I'm not sure either if its just a case of the rail scopes looking bulkier then they actually are.
However on a light rifle I like a light scope like my favorite and sadly discontinued 2-7×36 Kahles, but its no good wishing for things that are no more.

But if your going to be shooting by moonlight what I would do is get a 1-6x24 or similar for stalking and for night time hunting by moonlight then I would buy a fixed 8×56 in a Kahles, S&B or similar.
The 8×56 is the best there is for night shooting, I have known no end of pro roo shooters that swear by them.

But it all comes down to personal choice, it would be pretty boring if we all liked and used the same thing.
If I put a single scope on it, well actually my new go to all round scope is the 3-10×50 Kahles scope.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Pbr56

Post by Pbr56 »

What is the bell housing diameter on that scope?

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”