Driven game scope.

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

JPBlaser

Driven game scope.

Post by JPBlaser »

I got pissed off with the aimpoint micro so I sold it(picture quality and diode assembly reflection really,and I mean really pissed me off)... Since I've got some spare mounts... I decided I'll go driven game scope this time.
Basically I'm eyeing the kahles helia 1-5x24 illuminated. Does anyone use it? Has anyone tried it on a 9,3x62?
Any other suggestions?
At the moment I'm waiting on a quote for the price... If it`s on the right side I'll be getting a new kahles 1-5x24 scope as early as next week.

Best regards,
Jordan

mchughcb

Re: Driven game scope.

Post by mchughcb »

No idea Jordan but the leica magnus 1-6x24 has a great field of view. The several i looked through at the rsnge were awesome.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I've not used the Helia, but I do have and use the Kales K1-6X24 and it is superb. However, be warned, I really like the H1 Micro better than any scope for fast moving shots. So my preferences may be quite different from yours.
Robert J Stokes

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

I've used a few scopes and a few red dots until now...
Ultradot 30mm 4moa - superb and on the cheap side(i still have it on my mauser m98 8x57is(this sight is responsible for a lot of game getting killed)). Docter sight 2 ,didn`t like it that much sold it in a hurry. Aimpoint 9000 - actually I like it much better than the Micro.Micro,the things that pissed me off were visible only when there was no game in the sight.. but anyway it`s gone now... so I'll need to figure out my next purchase.
I have used a couple of scopes for driven game too... had very good luck with one 1.5-6x42... I can`t recall missing even really close shots. I'm thinking that if I get a true 1 power scope with bright enough dot it would be very similar to a red dot experience.
Btw the kahles and the leica are pretty close in the field of view department,the price not so much. I have taken a few looks through the leica and I like it a lot.
Anyway,if I don`t like the scope I can always sell it and buy an aimpoint 9000sc(my favorite model)..
:D
Best regards,
Last edited by JPBlaser on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan

RexMundi

Post by RexMundi »

I use a Swaro Z6i 1.7-10x42 for everything I shoot and I’m very satisfied with it. Shot a 57 kg and 58 kg uberlaufer and a 21 kg frishling Franz Albrecht style from a “train” two weeks ago. And if I go night hunting I put my Dipol on it. Couldn’t be more satisfied with a scope. And since the Z8 is out, you can get them with discount.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I have to admit I'm biased but I firmly believe you can never go wrong with a Kahles.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

I had a Kahles 1.1 - 4 x 24 with circle dot reticle on my Merkel 141 9.3 Xx 74R and have a Swarovski 1 - 4 x 24 with circle dot reticle on my R8 30/06. I have used both on driven hunts and think that power ratio is fine, given that long distance shots are not normally required on driven hunts.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

No hunting experience with the Helia. I've looked through the 1-5x24 (more than several times) and the Z8i with the idea of getting one for my BB97 9,3x74R. Both are superb. The Kahles is impressive. Really impressive. I already own a spare Swaro rail mount, which will fit either scope... I haven't made a decision as yet.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

Twinn

Post by Twinn »

The Helia 5 is real sweet.

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

Ordered the Helia 1-5x24i 4-DH reticle,should be on the rifle by the end of the week,hopefully I'll be able to sight it in on Friday.
Last edited by JPBlaser on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Look forward to seeing the setup.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I like that scope.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Hope it works out for you. I'd be surprised if you don't become a fan.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”