Swarovski dS 5-25x52P

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

hkpsg1

Swarovski dS 5-25x52P

Post by hkpsg1 »

As some of you know I hunted with a Swarovski 3x12 50 LRS for years when it came out. It weighed a ton, but it had standard ballistic turrets for popular rounds when other companies did not know what it was. I even had a R93 scope mount for it. ;) I still have the setup and is eating dust. I prayed Swarovski would bring it back in some shape or form. It is back , but not in the US. Why, why....anyway..it is awesome and I want one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IObN9-GQ4YU

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Re: Swarovski dS 5-25x52P

Post by ebrownw2 »

Me too.

Time for a trip to Europe?

Or you might ask your favorite Swaro dealer if they can special order one?

Also, do people in Scotland really wear neckties while stalking deer in the mountains?

hkpsg1

Post by hkpsg1 »

ebrownw2 wrote:Me too.

Time for a trip to Europe?

Or you might ask your favorite Swaro dealer if they can special order one?

Also, do people in Scotland really wear neckties while stalking deer in the mountains?
Hunting remains a gentleman’s sport in many parts of the world. Most commoners can’t afford to hunt. Glad we live in a country that anyone can give hunting a try without being wealthy. I wonder if Sitka would make a tie for me.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

I realize it's a promo video but if you need that much scope for a shot at that distance maybe you should sell your guns - and scopes. :lol: :lol: At least they could have made it a 400 meter or longer shot to justify a $10,000 rig. Country boys in the states can do that with an open sight 30-30.

On the serious side IMO all that gadgetry takes the fun out of hunting. I had the top of the line Burris with all the bells and whistles and couldn't bring myself to even give it a try. Was convinced when I ordered it that it would be the cats azz. The Swarovski is a lot cleaner and resembles a regular scope so definite progress over the Burris. Glass is probably better as well. Maybe after Eddie gets tired of his I'll buy it off the used market... :whistle: :mrgreen:

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

You're starting to sound like a GD bow hunter, Robert. Pull your Robin Hood leotards out of your ass and put on a proper necktie and go hunt like a gentleman. :D

hkpsg1

Post by hkpsg1 »

Of course, mine is khaki! :) my Leica range finder does all that, but then I have to set my bt and shoot. This scope eliminates that extra step for 5k. :lol: My LRS was offered for 5k over nearly 20 years ago with a built in ranger finder. Not many were sold in the US. Now pass the whiskey I think I heard a deer I am going to shoot. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hkpsg1 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

thechamp wrote:I realize it's a promo video but if you need that much scope for a shot at that distance maybe you should sell your guns - and scopes. :lol: :lol: At least they could have made it a 400 meter or longer shot to justify a $10,000 rig. Country boys in the states can do that with an open sight 30-30.
and he cranked it up to over 20x for a 170m shot and did you see how much that scope reset the reticle - where did he have it zeroed, for 400m behind him? :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice vid just the same. :clap: I've looked through one at a couple of field days. It's chunky but the glass is nice, as you would expect. Not sure I have either the cash or the need but impressive. :drool:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

Come over to Germany and buy one yourself or find some helpful hand here onboard.

http://www.titanium-gunworks.de/swarovs ... 2-p-l.html

The reason is (what I have heard), that patents are in the US from other companies, but I may be wrong.

BUT the dS is not sold much so far - I have a list of costumers waiting for one and they only come one by one after month in between... :violin:
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I think they failed to convey the intended message. The stag was 169 meters when first ranged; then fog rolled in, the stag moved, and the shot was taken at a much longer distance. They probably edited out the second ranging to fit it into a commercial spot. The value proposition would have been, see with this scope you don't have to move back and forth from your range finder, to settings on the scope, even with a dynamic shooting situation.

I've seen this over and over, where creatives have much thought but when edited to fit, the editors have not so much thought. They actually show him ranging the stag for the second shot, just not the resulting distance and angle.
Robert J Stokes

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Pigeon wrote:Come over to Germany and buy one yourself or find some helpful hand here onboard.

http://www.titanium-gunworks.de/swarovs ... 2-p-l.html

The reason is (what I have heard), that patents are in the US from other companies, but I may be wrong.

BUT the dS is not sold much so far - I have a list of costumers waiting for one and they only come one by one after month in between... :violin:
Some good pics there Klaus. Considering what all they packed into it they managed to keep the Swarovski scope appearance. From your handling them what do you think of them?

Vaughan - I plumb forgot to mention the 20+ power at that range. What Bob says makes a lot of sense but for us laymen just watching the video we certainly missed that the stag had moved away thus requiring a re-zero at the higher power. Appears the editors didn't realize what they cut away. Too busy focusing on the city slicker attire, etc. :lol:

Eddie - beg your pardon... I will never be confused with a bow hunter. BTW you seen all the crap they can add to something that started as a couple of sticks with some rope? Talk about ruining a sport. Also I can't think back far enough to tell you when I wore a tie of any sort. Probably some time in the 70s. Back then we had to wear them with our uniforms. Hated them with a passion. Robin Hood..... :roll: :roll: :lol:

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

Well, from what I have played with in my office (sorry, I haven't shoot one so far as the customers buy them faster then I get), they worked well. First customers wants a second one... ;-)

The brilliance is not the same high superior quality then with the Z8i edition, but that's the fault to pack meassure optics and displays inside as well. Personal for me it is too much scope -I am very very happy with the highest optical quality in the Z8i scopes (and one Z6i scope) on my rifles. Plus I can not shoot that fas in my hunting area that it makes sense to buy one of those, but from the technical aspect, I think they are a great and revolutionary scope. Just a bit heavy.

hkpsg1

Post by hkpsg1 »

Pigeon wrote:Well, from what I have played with in my office (sorry, I haven't shoot one so far as the customers buy them faster then I get), they worked well. First customers wants a second one... ;-)

The brilliance is not the same high superior quality then with the Z8i edition, but that's the fault to pack meassure optics and displays inside as well. Personal for me it is too much scope -I am very very happy with the highest optical quality in the Z8i scopes (and one Z6i scope) on my rifles. Plus I can not shoot that fas in my hunting area that it makes sense to buy one of those, but from the technical aspect, I think they are a great and revolutionary scope. Just a bit heavy.
When I carried with LRS as a young man in the mountains it would become too much. I am trying now to cut weight both from my body and gear. This would add to it! But, I so much want one. Perhaps I shed my pants to carry this... :dance:

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

hkpsg1 wrote:
Pigeon wrote:Well, from what I have played with in my office (sorry, I haven't shoot one so far as the customers buy them faster then I get), they worked well. First customers wants a second one... ;-)

When I carried with LRS as a young man in the mountains it would become too much. I am trying now to cut weight both from my body and gear. This would add to it! But, I so much want one. Perhaps I shed my pants to carry this... :dance:
Well, 500gs is about the difference in weight - I am sure You could train hard enough to reduce 500g in body weight ;-)

hkpsg1

Post by hkpsg1 »

Pigeon wrote:
hkpsg1 wrote:

Well, 500gs is about the difference in weight - I am sure You could train hard enough to reduce 500g in body weight ;-)
Do you sell the R93 mount?

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

hkpsg1 wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
hkpsg1 wrote: When I carried with LRS as a young man in the mountains it would become too much. I am trying now to cut weight both from my body and gear. This would add to it! But, I so much want one. Perhaps I shed my pants to carry this... :dance:
Do you sell the R93 mount?
yes - even the 40mm rings edition (is in stock):

http://www.titanium-gunworks.de/blaser- ... ntage.html

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”