Blaser low rings with Trijicon Accupoints fit question

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

boltfed

Blaser low rings with Trijicon Accupoints fit question

Post by boltfed »

Hello all. I’m new to Blaser and just got in my R8. I'm very excited to get to the range and start some load development. I've learned a ton from this site and that is why I'm writing. I’m posting as I'm looking for some insight to a question I wasn’t able to satisfactorily answer myself. Perhaps I’m making much ado about nothing, but now that I've got my rifle, I got a couple Trijicon Accupoints (3-9x40 and 1-6x24), but now that I see them, I’m not sure they will fit on my Blaser R8 in a low QD Blaser scope mount.
My optics came in and I was just about to order a low ring Blaser QD scope mount when I saw a potential problem: The problem, which I failed to think about originally, is that near the eyepiece on these optics there is an area that is larger than the eyepiece itself, and may come close to impeding the thumb cocker if set low enough. I called Trijicon and they said they didn’t know if the Blaser low rings would work for Accupoint on an R8. I called Europtic and they said they were pretty sure they would. I’ve been told that Blaser low ring QD’s will work with even a 56mm objective, but, then again, my problem is on the other, slightly higher, chamber end of the mount and not to where the barrel tapers away. Finally, I looked at the Blaser 2016 catalog to see if I could get any measurements, but I didn’t see any. Any more definitive answers from the experts here on to whether low rings should work with the Accupoints? I only ask because time is ticking for me to return these scopes if they won’t work with low rings as I would prefer not to use high rings. Thanks in advance for helping to purge me of my ignorance, and I hope my question made sense.

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”