S&B Stratos

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Re: S&B Stratos

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

On a sidetrack, I just got Amazon's email re GST and directing buyers to Amazon.com.au / Amazon Global. $35US items that I've previously bought are now listed as $110 AUD via their new Global site :roll:
I'm sure Gerry Harvey is laughing all the way to the bank whilst overlooking the fact that most of the stuff imported isnt available as regularly stocked items in Australia. If an importer is happy to bring in the items I'm after I'll buy local, if they dont return calls/ emails cant be fucked unless I order a dozen etc, then no wonder I went to Amazon

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:21 pm On a sidetrack, I just got Amazon's email re GST and directing buyers to Amazon.com.au / Amazon Global. $35US items that I've previously bought are now listed as $110 AUD via their new Global site :roll:
I'm sure Gerry Harvey is laughing all the way to the bank whilst overlooking the fact that most of the stuff imported isnt available as regularly stocked items in Australia. If an importer is happy to bring in the items I'm after I'll buy local, if they dont return calls/ emails cant be fucked unless I order a dozen etc, then no wonder I went to Amazon
Boycott Harvey and Co, and save your $$$$. :handgestures-thumbup:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:21 pm On a sidetrack, I just got Amazon's email re GST and directing buyers to Amazon.com.au / Amazon Global. $35US items that I've previously bought are now listed as $110 AUD via their new Global site :roll:
Did you try using a proxy server, it would be interesting to see the price difference.

I'm definitely looking for a way around it, it hasn't even passed parliament yet but they have already put it into use, its BS and they know it.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Gun Barrel Ecologist

I just wanted to see the new prices & availability on products I've bought prior to the change, but yeah a VPN or returning to non Amazon based stores will be in my future.

Trouble is as I see it many big outdoor retailers have gone the way of Cabelas (or our Kmart) and no longer sell goods that dont have their own label, to get some of the brands they used to stock I had to go to Amazon

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Amazon to a reshipper, many items in the US are free shipping to the lower 48, so its just a matter of paying slightly dearer shipping.
But as bad as the GST hike, especially since it wont be a flat 10% but more like 12%-15% to make up for their extra effort.
But many places won't add it to their orders, only the big multinationals that think they are the only game in town.

Kgi

Post by Kgi »

TheoR8 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:32 pm
Kgi wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:48 pm Contacted euro optic and they won't post to Australia anymore...
Just scopes or everything?? :handgestures-thumbup:
Not sure mate something about "dealer agreement " which I have heard before so if someone imports it here already they are not allowed to sell

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Dealer agreement and new Australian store - which won’t carry the same stock judging by their ads thus far

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

So limited stock, inflated prices and trading off of an existing company's good name and reputation.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Only way they can tap in to Australian suppliers stock I’d imagine, accept the deals that plague our market

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

They will send some stuff. :handgestures-thumbup:

Kgi

Post by Kgi »

TheoR8 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:01 pm They will send some stuff. :handgestures-thumbup:
Like???? :think:

Gun Barrel Ecologist

hats?

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Kgi wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:31 pm
TheoR8 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:01 pm They will send some stuff. :handgestures-thumbup:
Like???? :think:
Accessories etc. :handgestures-thumbup:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I haven't bought from ebay or amazon but I did just buy some muzzleloader adaptors from self reliance outfitters and there was no GST added on.
I'm guessing this will only affect Amazon and Ebay etc, the big outfits.

And once again this has gone a little :text-offtopic:

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”