Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Post Reply
Pigeon
Pro Staff
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: 64807
Location: Dieburg
Contact:

Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by Pigeon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:52 am

A real good and cheap alternative scope mount for the Blaser rifles:

http://www.titanium-gunworks.de/hms-samo.html

Built from Henneberger, Münnerstadt. Especially the Doctor-Sight edition is very flat with just 3,5mm in height!

And one big advantage: The teeth of the SR-Rail are machined from the solid - so no plastic inserts like the original Blasseres ;-) !

Image
Image
Last edited by Pigeon on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.


life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.de
Image

User avatar
mchughcb
Moderator
Posts: 8884
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:55 am
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by mchughcb » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 am

Interesting. Klaus does the doctor mount also match the Aimpoint H2 micro or does is it a separate base?

Pigeon
Pro Staff
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: 64807
Location: Dieburg
Contact:

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by Pigeon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:01 pm

mchughcb wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 am
Interesting. Klaus does the doctor mount also match the Aimpoint H2 micro or does is it a separate base?
Hi Chuck,

the Aimpoint has different connection then the Doctor-Sight, but there is an edition for it also available. If You want, I could ask about the height of it...

Klaus
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.de
Image

9.3x64
Meister der jagd
Posts: 2635
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:37 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by 9.3x64 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Gee that's interesting.
That Docter is super low.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd
Posts: 2635
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:37 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by 9.3x64 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:54 pm

That mount would enable fitment of the Docter 3 to a Big Bore.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

thomasr1969
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:21 am
Location: Australia

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by thomasr1969 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 pm

It does allow fitting to a big bore. I have that very setup on my 500j. Trying it for the first time Saturday.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd
Posts: 2635
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:37 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by 9.3x64 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:49 pm

thomasr1969 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 pm
It does allow fitting to a big bore. I have that very setup on my 500j. Trying it for the first time Saturday.
Interesting. Please let us know how it goes.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

robban.jagaren
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:14 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by robban.jagaren » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Pigeon wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:52 am
A real good and cheap alternative scope mount for the Blaser rifles:

http://www.titanium-gunworks.de/hms-samo.html

Built from Henneberger, Münnerstadt. Especially the Doctor-Sight edition is very flat with just 3,5mm in height!

And one big advantage: The teeth of the SR-Rail are machined from the solid - so no plastic inserts like the original Blasseres ;-) !

Image
Image
Does the Docter mount work on the D99?

Pigeon
Pro Staff
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: 64807
Location: Dieburg
Contact:

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am

yes, the Doctor works on the D99 - why not?
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.de
Image

p3t3rsn
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:52 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by p3t3rsn » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Are the 30mm saddle rings lighter than Blasers version?

robban.jagaren
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:14 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by robban.jagaren » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:31 am

Pigeon wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am
yes, the Doctor works on the D99 - why not?
Perfect! Might get one for my D99.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd
Posts: 2635
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:37 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by 9.3x64 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:36 am

robban.jagaren wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:31 am
Pigeon wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am
yes, the Doctor works on the D99 - why not?
Perfect! Might get one for my D99.
I purchased a doctor of pidgeon years ago for my 9.3x62.
Absolutely awesome sight and so tiny.
And pidgeon is great to deal with, top bloke.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

thechamp
Administrator
Posts: 8288
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:25 pm
Location: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx.

Re: Cheap and good alternative to Blaser saddle mount

Post by thechamp » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Like the idea of the teeth being machined into the mount instead of a piece of plastic that's glued in. How much in Gringo dollars for the SR mount? Included shipping in that price.

Post Reply

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”