Low Rings and Low Housing Scopes

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

jrl62

Low Rings and Low Housing Scopes

Post by jrl62 »

I have a couple of sets of low QD rings and am looking at additional barrels. In researching scope options, I ran across a recent item TheoR8 was kind enough to post with a Blaser recommendation on ring heights and objective diameters. I am attaching a copy of the Blaser info he posted. I was surprised to see that Blaser recommends high rings for Zeiss Duralyt and other low housing scopes, especially since I have been warehousing a Duralyt DL 3-12x50 that I was planning to use. I have a similar Zeiss DL 3-12x50 on another barrel, and it seems to have decent clearance with low rings. I also have a Leica ERi 2.5-10x42 on a barrel and have noticed for the first time that it is extremely snug...much more so than the Zeiss. Anyway, what If any issues are there with using low rings and similar Zeiss or Leica low housing scopes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Re: Low Rings and Low Housing Scopes

Post by 9.3x64 »

I cannot say for sure but I do not believe that is correct. If a DL fits in low rings so will the older Duralyt, presuming of course they are the same model.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”