Henneberger SAMO ring mount

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Sigsako

Henneberger SAMO ring mount

Post by Sigsako »

Does anyone have the 30mm ring version of this mount?
I’m trying to establish the heights available.
They are listed as 4 different heights starting at 11.5mm.
I presume that the published heights are the heights from the top of the rail deck to the lowest point of the inner diameter of the ring?
Therefore, if it is a 11.5mm height, there would be a clearance of 11.5mm between the top deck of the base and underside of the scope tube?

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Re: Henneberger SAMO ring mount

Post by secondtry »

Sigsako wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:50 pm Does anyone have the 30mm ring version of this mount?
I’m trying to establish the heights available.
They are listed as 4 different heights starting at 11.5mm.
I presume that the published heights are the heights from the top of the rail deck to the lowest point of the inner diameter of the ring?
Therefore, if it is a 11.5mm height, there would be a clearance of 11.5mm between the top deck of the base and underside of the scope tube?
A mate has one (30mm), which Pigeon supplied to me. I think that the heights are measured differently to what you describe, but I don't recall how. May be measured from bottom of scope tube to top of action, which begs the question of which action.

The lowest was a fraction too low for the turret on a Zeiss Victory HT to clear the mount body. Next highest was an unnoticeable amount higher (maybe 1 mm ?) than the standard low Blaser rings, and cleared the Zeiss nicely, but not excessively. I wasn't aware of other heights.

I think the rings are steel, as opposed to the Blaser alloy rings

A nice mount. Very well made, good value, and would be my next choice after genuine Blaser. Check with Pigeon (Klaus) if you haven't already.

Be aware that some lazy liars in the German postal service were putting it around that Australian customs was not accepting international mail. Totally false, and always was, but not helpful in getting stuff sent here. They might have smartened up, but had not as of a few weeks ago.

Sigsako

Post by Sigsako »

They are listed with 5 different heights for the 30mm configuration starting at the 11.5 and the highest around 19mm.
I’m planning on fitting a 1-6x24 so no objective bell concerns. Obviously low as possible suits.
Quality wise I’m not concerned. I have a rail mount version and had no issues.
Some clearer diagrams would be helpful.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Sigsako wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:12 pm They are listed with 5 different heights for the 30mm configuration starting at the 11.5 and the highest around 19mm.
I’m planning on fitting a 1-6x24 so no objective bell concerns. Obviously low as possible suits.
Quality wise I’m not concerned. I have a rail mount version and had no issues.
Some clearer diagrams would be helpful.
The amount by which your turret protrudes below the scope tube will control your decision. If you are trying to minimize clearance, the official figures will be no help.

Sigsako

Post by Sigsako »

The turret housing sits less than 1mm below the scope tube, so I can get it pretty low.
Currently I have it mounted in rings that are 15 mm high and it sits on a Innomount picattiny rail.
It sits pretty high overall and too high for my standard cheek weld.

Sigsako

Post by Sigsako »

I got confirmation that the BH is measured from the top of the action to the underside of the scope tube. For the Blaser with a round “action” that would be from the highest point of that arc.

Another interesting bit of information I was supplied relating to calculating the appropriate base/ring height.
Subtract the scope tube diameter from the objective diameter, then divide that by 2. It should give you a minimum height for the mount.

The example provided was 66mm objective, 30mm tube.
66-30 = 36.
36/2=18. Therefore a minimum BH of 18 is required.
I would presume that the objective measurement should include and cap system to be fitted.

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”