Blaser Infinity?

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Erniep123
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

Blaser Infinity?

Post by Erniep123 »

Hi gents, I'm in the market for premium glass again and finally was able to look through an Infinity 2.8-20x50 at a local dealer. First impression was very positive, and the scope looks/feels top notch. All controls and turrets were butter smooth. My question is has anyone been able to shoot through one of these for any length of time, and if so what are your impressions? I know they don't have the track record of other top offerings, so just trying to get some insight before I bite the bullet. Thanks

Perdizhunter

Re: Blaser Infinity?

Post by Perdizhunter »

I joined a YouTube channel - THLR.NO .
I saw lots of episodes and that guy uses a Infinity scope and a Bläser R8
Mail him and probably he has a lot of info about these scopes

Erniep123

Post by Erniep123 »

I'll check it out, I appreciate the info

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

If you do wind up buying one I'm sure some of us here would like to know how it turned out. That particular power range is intriguing for sure. That one is a decent weight at 27.16 ounces. Only hitch I see is the First Focal plane reticle. I'm used to the 2nd but can shoot the first focal plane if I have to. :lol:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I too am one that prefers second focal plane scopes which is why I never paid much attention to this line of scopes. However, lately I've been shooting three Nightforce scopes that are first focal plane and I'm getting use to them and find them not as bad as I thought when used on the lower power settings and of course they come with the benefits of a first focal plane which are a constant subtension and rock solid point of impact that doesn't change as you change magnification. I'm still not totally bought in but enough so that I'm going to plunk down $3600 for a 7-35X56 ATACR in F1. So I too am interested in what you find if you do indeed buy one.
Robert J Stokes

Erniep123

Post by Erniep123 »

After playing with it a bit in the store I did notice when changing to higher power magnification the reticle did not get extremely fat like other FFP scopes I've looked through before. I can't remember exactly what Blaser calls it but supposedly they have worked some new technology into it that keeps the reticle fairly even throughout the mag range. Comparing it to my old Zeiss diavari I must say there was some truth to this claim for the Blaser. I will definitely report back if I pull the trigger on it

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Erniep123 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm
After playing with it a bit in the store I did notice when changing to higher power magnification the reticle did not get extremely fat like other FFP scopes I've looked through before. I can't remember exactly what Blaser calls it but supposedly they have worked some new technology into it that keeps the reticle fairly even throughout the mag range. Comparing it to my old Zeiss diavari I must say there was some truth to this claim for the Blaser. I will definitely report back if I pull the trigger on it
Well that's good to know. The 'getting fat' bit is one major turn off for me. At longer ranges the reticle will obscure a coyote or equivalent sized animal. Never figured out how to put a reticle on an animal that I can't see. I do recall one Zeiss some years back that was able to keep the reticle small and it might even have gotten finer as the power went up. No idea what model or power but it was interesting. Some of the old Swarovskis that had the 1st plane were horrible in how large they grew. Ebay came in real handy - real quick like...

Beretta682e

Post by Beretta682e »

I own a 2.8-20 50 mm. great scope and used it recently to shot a nice kansas 8 point in low light.

scope is very well designed but is complicated and requires time to get familiarized with.

i will be buying a 56mm in near future.

Mike

Jager1234

Post by Jager1234 »

Hi Mike, would you say it is comparable to the z8i?

Beretta682e

Post by Beretta682e »

I don’t own or Have used a Swarovski z8i.

I have 2 Swarovski z6i.

The blaser scope glass is as good. The illumination features as good. The zero stop is much better. The build quality for blaser is very good. The first focal plane and the illuminate dot are excellent.

The blaser scope is more complicated to set up.

I would like to comp it to a z8i. But I am likely getting another blaser scope before a z8i.

Mike

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”