This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

MM
Meister der jagd
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

RF Binoculars Update

Post by MM »

Currently I have a set of Leica 8x42 RF Bono’s and I am thinking about updating them. My set only shows range in yards that’s it. I am thinking that having the true ballistic range compensating for the angle would be a good thing to have. I am not sure I would use a lot of the other complicated stuff built into some models out there and would even be happy picking up a used set. My must haves are:
Able to give a distance down to 10 yards.
Accurate of course at longer distances
10x
True ballistic range
Quality optics
I want to stick with Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski and am hoping I can get some field experience from you all using these various models. I looked through the Swarovski but I can’t get past those humps on the bottom. Am I making a big deal over nothing? My assumption is that they would be uncomfortable wearing all day.
Thanks
Matt

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Re: RF Binoculars Update

Post by secondtry »

The Swaro 42 with RF are well and truly outdated.

Until Swaro update their RF bins, restrict your choice to the current Zeiss or the current Leica, both of which are up to date in every way.

Sakobud

Post by Sakobud »

MM wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:03 am
Currently I have a set of Leica 8x42 RF Bono’s and I am thinking about updating them. My set only shows range in yards that’s it. I am thinking that having the true ballistic range compensating for the angle would be a good thing to have. I am not sure I would use a lot of the other complicated stuff built into some models out there and would even be happy picking up a used set. My must haves are:
Able to give a distance down to 10 yards.
Accurate of course at longer distances
10x
True ballistic range
Quality optics
I want to stick with Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski and am hoping I can get some field experience from you all using these various models. I looked through the Swarovski but I can’t get past those humps on the bottom. Am I making a big deal over nothing? My assumption is that they would be uncomfortable wearing all day.
Thanks
Matt
Readings to 10 yards - cross out swarovski of your list. They are also none HD and do not have swarovision.

Get the Zeiss or Leica

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Go the Leica with the new ballistic program. :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Leica dot.com r the go...
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

Jager1234

Post by Jager1234 »

The Geovids hd-b are the way to go, I compared them to the swaros and zeiss and I like the form and the measuring ballistic functions the best.

swe123

Post by swe123 »

One more vote for the Leica's. The ballistic program is top notch and the glass is great.

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”