This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Rod
Meister der jagd
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

Kahles binoculars

Post by Rod »

Greetings, anyone here have any experience with Kahles binoculars?

I’m seriously thinking of buying another set of binoculars...don’t really know why :think: but anyway I’ve been looking ( on the internet) at the Kahles 10x42’s , both with and without range finder. I own several Kahles scopes and love them but no experience with their binoculars.
How do they compare with Zeiss Victory, Swarvo and Leica?

My current binoculars are Zeiss 10x42’s but they would have to be 40 plus years old . Still working fine and I had them factory serviced last year. I really like them but wouldn’t mind an additional set of binoculars....for no reason other than I do.

Cheers
Rod

Rifletuner

Re: Kahles binoculars

Post by Rifletuner »

I believe their binoculars are rebadged Chinese made. The Kahles range finding binoculars are the same innards as the Vortex Fury. But the Kahles is still running the original version of the Fury software, and Kahles only gives a 10 year warranty on the RF binos, while Vortex gives a life time warranty.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Good Mate of mine has the 8x and also has a kahles scope on his 9.3 to match. Both work great together. I've used them plenty of times why I have been hunting with him and there fine. Glass is top quality.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Central Vic

Post by Central Vic »

I've handled a pair in store. They look remarkably like my old Zeiss Terra's. The only difference being they are brown. I would guess they are made at the same place and badged accordingly. The build quality is average. That said my Terra's look great to my eyes and for the money I paid (~$500aud) back in the day I'm happy. Would I pay $1400 for them. No way. Better off with 2nd hand Swaro's or Leica.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

If you want your new x42 bin with RF, just research the differences and then pick whichever you prefer of current Zeiss, current Leica, or the just updated Swaro. For me, there's a lot to like about the upgraded Swaro

If you don't want RF, I think Swaro NLs have the drop on the others (for now)

If you're short on cash for the top three, just flog a Rigby or something :lol: :lol:

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Thanks for the feedback fellas 👍 I think I’ll have to have a bit of a hands on play and look. Only problem is I think the nearest shop with any in stock is over an hour drive away.

robban.jagaren

Post by robban.jagaren »

Rod wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:24 am
Only problem is I think the nearest shop with any in stock is over an hour drive away.
Sound like a normal day in sweden! ;) :(

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

robban.jagaren wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:52 am
Rod wrote:
Only problem is I think the nearest shop with any in stock is over an hour drive away.
Sound like a normal day in sweden! ;) :(
Yeah...fair point 👍 I dare so most people would be happy to live within an hour of a Stockist.

And at least I don’t have to drive through snow or worry about running into a moose or two 🤔

Cheers
Rod

Sakobud

Post by Sakobud »

Rod wrote:
Thanks for the feedback fellas 👍 I think I’ll have to have a bit of a hands on play and look. Only problem is I think the nearest shop with any in stock is over an hour drive away.
Unsure where in brisbane you are , but if closer to the gold coast happy to let you play around with the Geovid HDB 2200 10x42 ( Older gen geovid 2017 release )

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Sakobud wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:09 pm
Rod wrote:
Unsure where in brisbane you are , but if closer to the gold coast happy to let you play around with the Geovid HDB 2200 10x42 ( Older gen geovid 2017 release )
Thanks for the offer 👍 maybe...but I’ve pretty much decided on either the new Swarvo or another Zeiss Victoria. But then again 🤔

Anyway I live Northside not too far from the Prince Charles.

Cheers
Rod

Sakobud

Post by Sakobud »

Rod wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:23 am
Sakobud wrote:
Rod wrote:
Thanks for the offer 👍 maybe...but I’ve pretty much decided on either the new Swarvo or another Zeiss Victoria. But then again 🤔

Cheers
Rod
No worries mate , anyways offer stands if you change your mind!

Cheers
Nemi

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Sakobud wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:47 am
Rod wrote:
Sakobud wrote:

Cheers
Rod
No worries mate , anyways offer stands if you change your mind!

Cheers
Nemi
:handgestures-thumbup:

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

Rod wrote:
Sakobud wrote:
Rod wrote:

Cheers
Rod
I had a look through all of the range finding binoculars - Leica geovids worked best with my eyes...
Jordan

GeoffB

Post by GeoffB »

Rod wrote:
Sakobud wrote:
Rod wrote:

Cheers
Rod
I’m a bit late to this thread but I have a set of 10X Swarovski EL swarovisions (non rangefinder) you can have a play with.
I’m just over the gateway bridge at Carindale.

Geoff

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

GeoffB wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:19 pm
Rod wrote:
Sakobud wrote:

Cheers
Rod
I’m a bit late to this thread but I have a set of 10X Swarovski EL swarovisions (non rangefinder) you can have a play with.
I’m just over the gateway bridge at Carindale.

Geoff
Thanks for the offer 👍 I may be in touch down the track.
Rod

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”