Non Euro scopes

This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

Davo 7mm

Non Euro scopes

Post by Davo 7mm »

Fellas
If money was no object I would have Swarovski on all my rifles, have recently bought a new 3.5-10 Leupold to go on a 223 Steyr , before I discover Swaro, I was happy with different Leupolds I had used over many years, what other brands are worth looking at for a decent scope without spending over $1000, cheers David

Rifletuner

Re: Non Euro scopes

Post by Rifletuner »

I'd be taking a good look at the Meopta Optica 6 line (Euro I know). Otherwise a second hand Swaro or Kahles. I have one of these https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=197357, and its a nice scope.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Zeiss V4 is worth a look, as is Meopta. But Leupold are a good scope for the money with a fantastic warranty.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Nightforce & Leupold are the only two non-euro that I'd consider buying. But I dare say there are others in the USA and Japan that I don't know of.

robban.jagaren

Post by robban.jagaren »

Burris have some series that is branded Steiner in Europe. They are real good!

Sakobud

Post by Sakobud »

Zeiss V4 , Zeiss Conguest HD5 and meopta optika 6. In saying that nothing wrong with the Leupold you bought. Great scopes they are

Davo 7mm

Post by Davo 7mm »

Thanks Fellas,
Anyone using any of the Vortex scopes, cheers David

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Vortex, Minox there's a few of them out there with reasonable optics.

robban.jagaren

Post by robban.jagaren »

Minox is owned by Blaser if im not wrong.

Delta, Kite, Kaps, Docter is a couple of other brands.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

But that have their cheaper jap models

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I have the privilege of working at a large gun range and seeing all the problems that come about as people try their equipment out. As I listen to many of the conversations I see a lot of recommendations for the various Vortex offerings but I also see the most failures of any scope by far from Vortex, maybe even ten times what I see with Nightforce for instance. They do a very good job on customer service and honor the warrantee but I have seen several shooters just give up and give them away. So I am not a fan of lower priced scopes but I do see a few that shine as superior.
One that has done well is a Japanese offering from Sightron. These track exceptionally well and hold up for many years of use. The optics are adequate but the mechanics very good. Another brand that seems to be doing well at a lower price point is Arken Optics. One of the rimfire disciplines at my club has a cost limited class with $1200 total for rifle and accessories and this scope allows for more money to go into the accuracy of the rifle. https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/online-s ... -c57085010
Robert J Stokes

Rifletuner

Post by Rifletuner »

Davo 7mm wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:02 am Thanks Fellas,
Anyone using any of the Vortex scopes, cheers David
I have 2 Razors on mine and my sons PRS match rifles. We both like these, they dial well and we are both making hits comfortably with the hold over reticles as well.

I also have a Diamondback Tactical 6-24 on a 223 trainer rifle because it has the same reticle as my son's Razor. It has worked fine for us mechanically. The glass is just okay, but that has to be expected at the price point. Its Chinese and never going to be on par with a more costly scope. The lower quality glass has only been noticeable in conditions with a fair bit of mirage. Overall its a lot of scope for the money.

I also have a Strike Eagle 5-25 on my 308 because it has the same reticle as my Razor. I haven't used it mush since I have had it, but happy so far.

Will be interesting to see if the Diamondback or Strike Eagle develop any issues with more use as most people having problems are reporting them in the budget Vortex models. Ive never encountered any issues, but that doesent mean I wont.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Rod wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:51 am Nightforce & Leupold are the only two non-euro that I'd consider buying. But I dare say there are others in the USA and Japan that I don't know of.
This for me also, although I do have one March, and if their offerings suited my usage, I would try a Sightron.

So many choices in the low to mid price ranges, much of it from re-sellers, that I just take the easy way and stick to what is proven.

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”