This is the place to discuss and compare all outdoor optics. Sponsored by
Euro Optic, and, Titanium Gunworks.

Moderators: thechamp, Dom

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Re: Scope for Blaser R8 22LR

Post by 9.3x64 »

9.3x64 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:00 pm
marauder wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:58 pm I tried installing the Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 in a Blaser saddle mount with the low (4.2mm high) 30mm rings. Unfortunately the flat bottom part in the middle of the scope body fouls on the base, so it can’t go low enough to sit flush in the rings.

I’ve ordered some higher (7.2mm high) 30mm Blaser rings which should hopefully work. It's a shame I have to raise it up as there is already enough clearance for the objective and ocular lenses at the current height.

I also noticed that I had to move the scope back in the rings as far as it would go to get the eye relief comfortable at max (16x) magnification.
Geez they are low rings, I have never used rings that low for any of my scopes. All my scopes are mounted as far back in the rings as possible. It’s no big issue. I have just mounted a Zeiss V6 5-30x50 on my Rimfire in standard height rings and it fits perfectly.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Joe338ST wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:21 am
marauder wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:58 pm I tried installing the Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 in a Blaser saddle mount with the low (4.2mm high) 30mm rings. Unfortunately the flat bottom part in the middle of the scope body fouls on the base, so it can’t go low enough to sit flush in the rings.

I’ve ordered some higher (7.2mm high) 30mm Blaser rings which should hopefully work. It's a shame I have to raise it up as there is already enough clearance for the objective and ocular lenses at the current height.

I also noticed that I had to move the scope back in the rings as far as it would go to get the eye relief comfortable at max (16x) magnification.
You should be able to get these - Blaser scope ring spacer - either from NZ or from Australia.
https://www.blaser.co.nz/products/blase ... unt-spacer
Thanks, I’ll order some.

Rod

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

You should be able to get these - Blaser scope ring spacer - either from NZ or from Australia.
I can't get that NZ site to allow me to buy anything. ? Don't know what I'm doing wrong. And apparently no spacers in Australia :? :?

Rod

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Rod wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:13 pm

I can't get that NZ site to allow me to buy anything. ? Don't know what I'm doing wrong. And apparently no spacers in Australia :? :?

Rod
I think that website may be NZ's importer.
You might need to get your dealer to phone OSA. I got mine from Miall's a few years back when I had an issue with a scope turret being too bulky.
Otherwise back to Optics Trade.
Here is a video on how these work..... https://www.optics-trade.eu/int/blaser- ... t-videos-2

An alternative is to get higher rings/ entire mount. I have an old style Blaser QD saddle mount in 30mm 9mm high rings available. The other is accounted for by DH338 and rings are 5mm high off the saddle. The new versions have a recess of about 1mm into the saddle where the rings connect accounting for why some scope turrets like yours now don't fit....as the height is 4mm off the saddle...PM me if you're interested in the old style mount with higher rings...
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Rod wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:13 pm I can't get that NZ site to allow me to buy anything. ? Don't know what I'm doing wrong. And apparently no spacers in Australia :? :?

Rod
I'd say because they are restricted to selling in NZ only. :handgestures-thumbup:

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Joe338ST wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:26 pm
Rod wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:13 pm

Rod
I think that website may be NZ's importer.
You might need to get your dealer to phone OSA. I got mine from Miall's a few years back when I had an issue with a scope turret being too bulky.
Otherwise back to Optics Trade.
Here is a video on how these work..... https://www.optics-trade.eu/int/blaser- ... t-videos-2

An alternative is to get higher rings/ entire mount. I have an old style Blaser QD saddle mount in 30mm 9mm high rings available. The other is accounted for by DH338 and rings are 5mm high off the saddle. The new versions have a recess of about 1mm into the saddle where the rings connect accounting for why some scope turrets like yours now don't fit....as the height is 4mm off the saddle...PM me if you're interested in the old style mount with higher rings...
👍. Thanks. I’ll just wait until OSA come out of lockdown and send out the high rings I’ve ordered through them.

I’ll just have to be patient.

Rod

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

TheoR8 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:03 pm
Rod wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:13 pm I can't get that NZ site to allow me to buy anything. ? Don't know what I'm doing wrong. And apparently no spacers in Australia :? :?

Rod
I'd say because they are restricted to selling in NZ only. :handgestures-thumbup:
Makes sense….. I guess. If it is the case you’d have thought that they would say something about that on the site. Sent them an email but no reply yet.

Rod

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Rod
Has now changed hands, all stock gone to OSA NZ , such a shame the guys in NZ were great to deal with

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Rod
100% correct Mr Roarke. I was trying to get an ultra mag bolt head through them and I just got dicked around. I had someone there that could of picked it up for me. But in the end they must be making so much money, I just let it go and end up getting one out here. :handgestures-thumbup: ✈️✈️✈️
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:17 am 100% correct Mr Roarke. I was trying to get an ultra mag bolt head through them and I just got dicked around. I had someone there that could of picked it up for me. But in the end they must be making so much money, I just let it go and end up getting one out here. :handgestures-thumbup: ✈️✈️✈️
Once upon a time. :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow:

Always puts a :D on my face when I hear you being "Dicked" around. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Rod wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:59 am Still waiting on my 30mm Blaser mount to arrive from Europe and still waiting on the Meopro Optic5 as well.

Got a 1” mount and no scope and a 30mm scope and no mount 😂😂😂

Oh well

Cheers
Rod
I just ordered something from Optics Trade, took 6 days to get to my door. :handgestures-thumbup:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

TheoR8 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:35 am
deerhunter338mag wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:17 am 100% correct Mr Roarke. I was trying to get an ultra mag bolt head through them and I just got dicked around. I had someone there that could of picked it up for me. But in the end they must be making so much money, I just let it go and end up getting one out here. :handgestures-thumbup: ✈️✈️✈️
Once upon a time. :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow:

Always puts a :D on my face when I hear you being "Dicked" around. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:
Arrr but Danny from OSA helped me out. All them fun times at Wolfe's fishing shop, drinking coffee and eating biscuits with Ross. Great memories.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

TheoR8 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:44 am
Rod wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:59 am Still waiting on my 30mm Blaser mount to arrive from Europe and still waiting on the Meopro Optic5 as well.

Got a 1” mount and no scope and a 30mm scope and no mount 😂😂😂

Oh well

Cheers
Rod
I just ordered something from Optics Trade, took 6 days to get to my door. :handgestures-thumbup:
Bloody hell 😳. That’s about what it usually takes for me….but not the last order 🙈

Got an email from the NZ agent today telling me that they would pass my order onto OSA Australia 😂 Told them not to bother. That OSA Australia were in lockdown and that I already had an order in ( and paid for) and that they couldn’t send it until out of lockdown 🙈🙈

So much for thinking outside the square.

I’ll order some more stuff through Optictrade tomorrow. No doubt by the time I get it we’ll be back in fornicating lockdown again. 🙈😳

Rod

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Rod wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:55 am I’ll order some more stuff through Optictrade tomorrow. No doubt by the time I get it we’ll be back in fornicating lockdown again. 🙈😳

Rod
Use the UPS Worldwide Saver option mate. :handgestures-thumbup:

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

TheoR8 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:07 am
Rod wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:55 am I’ll order some more stuff through Optictrade tomorrow. No doubt by the time I get it we’ll be back in fornicating lockdown again. 🙈😳

Rod
Use the UPS Worldwide Saver option mate. :handgestures-thumbup:
😂😂 I ordered a 1911 bushing wrench from Brownells in the USA on the 15th of this month. UPS Worldwide option. Freight cost more than the spanner . According to the tracking….it’s still sitting in Chicago 😂😂😂.

Anyway …..what the fornicate. Things will get here when they get here 👍

Rod

Return to “Optics - Hunting and Sport”