New season, new still.

This is the place to discuss your cooking,eating, drinking, recipes and pose questions, for answers on an international scale.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Oscar

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: New season, new still.

Post by deerhunter338mag » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:00 am

thechamp wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:25 am
You sure got the moonshine bit down to an art. Curious if your laws allow you to sell any of it or is it strictly for your own use? As fast as you're making it you could have a 2nd income there. Pay for a few more hunting trips. OR trade some for some hunts.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with home brew that fine lot of guys do it and some of it is top stuff. But once you sell it and if you get caught then your in trouble :lol: :lol:

Measure it, when it’s on the deck

SPEEDY

Re: New season, new still.

Post by SPEEDY » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:29 pm

thechamp wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:25 am
You sure got the moonshine bit down to an art. Curious if your laws allow you to sell any of it or is it strictly for your own use? As fast as you're making it you could have a 2nd income there. Pay for a few more hunting trips. OR trade some for some hunts.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Illegal to make and very illegal to sell.
But if your not selling it nobody cares if your making it, it's a big industry in Australia actually with no end of home brew shops selling stills and essence for people that lack the patience or the skill to make the real stuff.

Actually a lot of mates that visit tend to leave with a few bottles under their arm. :lol:
I've still never sold a drop and it doesn't worry me, I like making it and find it relaxing, even if I've spent thousands putting stills together.
Actually this one has about $800 put into it, but I've made 7lt at 65% so far so that's 16 bottles of hangover free grog.
If I'd have bought that much at the shops it would have cost me about $600 so it's almost paid for itself.

Ive got 20lt of scotch mash to run and 40lt of bourbon mash to run before the missus gets here next week.
That should make 10lt at 65% or another 23 bottles, that will tie me over for a very long time.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “BlaserBuds Food And Drink”