Thanks Corjack

This is the place to discuss your cooking,eating, drinking, recipes and pose questions, for answers on an international scale.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Oscar

Post Reply
User avatar
mchughcb
Moderator
Posts: 8525
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:55 am
Location: Melbourne Australia

Thanks Corjack

Post by mchughcb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:14 am

A couple of years ago I ran out of The Real McCoy's dry rub. When I went back to the American food store they had stopped selling it. I wrote to the company and they said they didn't do international orders normally but they could send 12 jars or so for few hundred dollars. Dejected I contacted Ron and he ordered a slab and was kind enough to send me six jars for free :clap:

We'll they are now a year past their used by date and still going strong. Discussing at work with a colleague who likes to cook he said he'd take the venison from a stag I shot two weeks ago and the rub from me and test it out. Here is the result. Even his wife who shuns game meat is now impressed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
stokesrj
Moderator
Posts: 4225
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:41 pm
Location: USA
Location: Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Re: Thanks Corjack

Post by stokesrj » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:22 am

That looks really delicious. What is your favorite venison? I frequent a restraunt in Germany that serves venison that is better than any I have made. They won't tell me the type of deer or how they prepare it. I think it is fallow deer and sous vide and pan seared. That Corjack is a helpful fellow.
Robert J Stokes

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:50 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Thanks Corjack

Post by ebrownw2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 am

I have not tried The Real McCoy's dry rub. I'll look for it next time I'm at the store.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.

thechamp
Administrator
Posts: 8244
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:25 pm
Location: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx.

Re: Thanks Corjack

Post by thechamp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 am

I've never heard of it. However that looks very good. Will have to look around for it as well.

Curious as to how you use it. Is it put on and left on for a while before cooking or applied and then cooked?

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:56 pm
Location: SW Colorado
Location: SW Colorado

Re: Thanks Corjack

Post by pagosawingnut » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:40 am

I'm also curious! I'll start looking for it.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

slugslinger
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Thanks Corjack

Post by slugslinger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:54 am

stokesrj wrote:That looks really delicious. What is your favorite venison? I frequent a restraunt in Germany that serves venison that is better than any I have made. They won't tell me the type of deer or how they prepare it. I think it is fallow deer and sous vide and pan seared. That Corjack is a helpful fellow.

Robert, where in Germany is the venison restaurant you mentioned. I visit Stuttgart occasionally . . .

Regards,

User avatar
stokesrj
Moderator
Posts: 4225
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:41 pm
Location: USA
Location: Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Re: Thanks Corjack

Post by stokesrj » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:23 pm

It's in Magdeburg, LandHaus Handry's. http://landhaus-hadrys.de/start
Robert J Stokes

7x57
Meister der jagd
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:21 am
Location: Australia
Location: Tasmania

Re: Thanks Corjack

Post by 7x57 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:40 pm

That looks particularly delicious. Found one site that says to sprinkle evenly and refrigerate over night before cooking. Got me searching for some rubs now :lol:

User avatar
mchughcb
Moderator
Posts: 8525
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:55 am
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Thanks Corjack

Post by mchughcb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:55 pm

thechamp wrote:I've never heard of it. However that looks very good. Will have to look around for it as well.

Curious as to how you use it. Is it put on and left on for a while before cooking or applied and then cooked?
An hour or so at room temperature before grilling will do the trick. Pat it down with towels then rub it in. You might find that it draws the moisture out as it has salt but it will tenderize as well.

thechamp
Administrator
Posts: 8244
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:25 pm
Location: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx.

Re: Thanks Corjack

Post by thechamp » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:46 am

mchughcb wrote:
thechamp wrote:I've never heard of it. However that looks very good. Will have to look around for it as well.

Curious as to how you use it. Is it put on and left on for a while before cooking or applied and then cooked?
An hour or so at room temperature before grilling will do the trick. Pat it down with towels then rub it in. You might find that it draws the moisture out as it has salt but it will tenderize as well.
Thanks, no harm in pulling some of the moisture out. Tenderizing is always a plus.

Post Reply

Return to “BlaserBuds Food And Drink”