Thanks Corjack

This is the place to discuss your cooking,eating, drinking, recipes and pose questions, for answers on an international scale.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Oscar

mchughcb

Thanks Corjack

Post by mchughcb »

A couple of years ago I ran out of The Real McCoy's dry rub. When I went back to the American food store they had stopped selling it. I wrote to the company and they said they didn't do international orders normally but they could send 12 jars or so for few hundred dollars. Dejected I contacted Ron and he ordered a slab and was kind enough to send me six jars for free :clap:

We'll they are now a year past their used by date and still going strong. Discussing at work with a colleague who likes to cook he said he'd take the venison from a stag I shot two weeks ago and the rub from me and test it out. Here is the result. Even his wife who shuns game meat is now impressed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stokesrj

Re: Thanks Corjack

Post by stokesrj »

That looks really delicious. What is your favorite venison? I frequent a restraunt in Germany that serves venison that is better than any I have made. They won't tell me the type of deer or how they prepare it. I think it is fallow deer and sous vide and pan seared. That Corjack is a helpful fellow.
Robert J Stokes

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

I have not tried The Real McCoy's dry rub. I'll look for it next time I'm at the store.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

I've never heard of it. However that looks very good. Will have to look around for it as well.

Curious as to how you use it. Is it put on and left on for a while before cooking or applied and then cooked?

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

I'm also curious! I'll start looking for it.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

slugslinger

Post by slugslinger »

stokesrj wrote:That looks really delicious. What is your favorite venison? I frequent a restraunt in Germany that serves venison that is better than any I have made. They won't tell me the type of deer or how they prepare it. I think it is fallow deer and sous vide and pan seared. That Corjack is a helpful fellow.

Robert, where in Germany is the venison restaurant you mentioned. I visit Stuttgart occasionally . . .

Regards,
NRA Patriot Life Endowment Member
USAF Veteran

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

It's in Magdeburg, LandHaus Handry's. http://landhaus-hadrys.de/start
Robert J Stokes

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

That looks particularly delicious. Found one site that says to sprinkle evenly and refrigerate over night before cooking. Got me searching for some rubs now :lol:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

thechamp wrote:I've never heard of it. However that looks very good. Will have to look around for it as well.

Curious as to how you use it. Is it put on and left on for a while before cooking or applied and then cooked?
An hour or so at room temperature before grilling will do the trick. Pat it down with towels then rub it in. You might find that it draws the moisture out as it has salt but it will tenderize as well.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

mchughcb wrote:
thechamp wrote:I've never heard of it. However that looks very good. Will have to look around for it as well.

An hour or so at room temperature before grilling will do the trick. Pat it down with towels then rub it in. You might find that it draws the moisture out as it has salt but it will tenderize as well.
Thanks, no harm in pulling some of the moisture out. Tenderizing is always a plus.

Return to “BlaserBuds Food And Drink”