One good small soft esky - RTIC 38 can

This is the place to discuss your cooking,eating, drinking, recipes and pose questions, for answers on an international scale.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Oscar

mchughcb

One good small soft esky - RTIC 38 can

Post by mchughcb »

Well the blaserbuds duck hunt was a wake up call for me. The heat was over 38c or 100F and my ice in my large el cheapo esky had melted quite a bit. Too big too get out of the car, or out of the sun the ice started to melt pretty darn quick. Was too heavy to take out of the car and get into the shade. It also took up too much darn space in the little Suzuki hatch. Something that really irks me as it was not what I needed. Either for drinks nor for the ducks. After a bit of research I decided I wanted a soft esky, smaller than what had and much lighter.

Anyway it looked like the best choices were the Yeti or the RTIC 38 can job. The Yeti got the nod as the better made and more expensive unit whereas the RTIC got the nod for a cheaper, better insulator unit. Of course getting a 38 can RTIC in Oz was never going to be easy, but now it has arrived :dance: Just perfect for those day or few day hunts where you don't want to fill the car up with over capacity gear. Everything about it just looks good and the thickness of the lid just shows how much insulation it has.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SPEEDY

Re: One good small soft esky - RTIC 38 can

Post by SPEEDY »

Two words, car fridge.

Cold beer on tap :dance:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Two words: Motel Fridge

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

I have had the 20 can RTIC cooler for about 6 months now and love it. The only thing I see missing on yours is the super-duper retractable bottle opener, a must have for any cooler..
IMG_1656.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Looking good champ ill have to get one.

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Post by Oscar »

dchamp wrote:I have had the 20 can RTIC cooler for about 6 months now and love it. The only thing I see missing on yours is the super-duper retractable bottle openerp a must have for any cooler..IMG_1656.JPG
That’s what wedding rings are for ( as long as they are not gold, titanium works a treat). Then they have a practical use ( wedding rings that it...an esky is always useful).

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

SPEEDY wrote:Two words, car fridge.

Cold beer on tap :dance:
:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
mchughcb wrote:Two words: Motel Fridge
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Well this year I can only go early in November as I will be away in December which will make it a little cooler to hunt in and hitting the Ducks much earlier. :handgestures-thumbup:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

If I'm around, sounds like a plan. Might even have a new shotgun by then ;-)

Return to “BlaserBuds Food And Drink”