Bread Thread

This is the place to discuss your cooking,eating, drinking, recipes and pose questions, for answers on an international scale.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Oscar

Corjack
Administrator

Bread Thread

Post by Corjack »

Does this look like a good bread recipe? Anybody care to translate?

https://trendweb.sk/chutny-domaci-chlie ... amilujete/
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Vaughan

Re: Bread Thread

Post by Vaughan »

Google suggests the following........:

You too would like to try baking home-made bread, but you never tried it because you were afraid that you will spend hours in the kitchen and the result will not be according to your taste and imagination? With this recipe, you do not have to have such fears, it is verified and the tasty and fragrant bread is done once or twice.

For fresh home-made bread you will need the following ingredients:
530 grams of smooth flour
420 milliliters of water
10 grams of yeast
1 teaspoon of salt

The procedure is as follows:
1) Dissolve the yeast in warm water at 37-39 degrees. Transfer the flour and then add salt and honey. We will smear the dough and the dish in which we cover it with a cloth so that a small air gap remains. Allow to stand for 2 hours at room temperature.
2) At that time, the dough should be tenderly acidified (roughly twice the original size) and a number of air bubbles appear on the surface. Without further mixing, cover it with food foil and put it in the refrigerator overnight.

3) To prevent sticking of the dough, grasp the hand before handling it. Gently trim it in the flour and make a loaf of it, whose edges are bent down and inward.

4) Place the prepared loaf on a plate lined with baking paper and sprinkled with flour. But let it go for at least 40 to 60 minutes. At that time, you'll have a 235 degrees Celsius oven.

5) Before putting the loaf into the oven, make three cuts on it. Place the sheet in the oven on the middle rack and place a pot filled with liter and half hot water on the bottom.

6) Bake for 45 minutes.

7) After baking the bread, remove and leave on the plate.

Note: You can store the cake on this tasty and crunchy bread in a refrigerator for two weeks.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Nah, the easy way to make proper bread is Damper.

4 cups self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
handful of raisins and sultanas (optional but recommended)

Just mix until smooth and firm, roll in a flat round shape to fit in a camp oven (Dutch oven) coat in flour, thats very important to stop it sticking to the cast iron, and bake in the fire till ready.
Eat that with some golden syrup or jam.

I'm actually thinking that my next hunting trip I will only take and eat the traditional Aussie camp fare.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote:Nah, the easy way to make proper bread is Damper.

4 cups self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
handful of raisins and sultanas (optional but recommended)

Just mix until smooth and firm, roll in a flat round shape to fit in a camp oven (Dutch oven) coat in flour, thats very important to stop it sticking to the cast iron, and bake in the fire till ready.
Eat that with some golden syrup or jam.

I'm actually thinking that my next hunting trip I will only take and eat the traditional Aussie camp fare.
I miss golden syrup :( I should get myself a camp oven and try that again, it's been years. Just have to find the golden syrup... Old bugger I hunted with when I was a kid was a dab-hand at making something similar to Johnny cakes but flour not with corn meal. I've no idea what they were called now or how he made them. With golden syrup, damn they were good.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I love camp damper and black tea, I've made it in a cups canteen many times before.
Makes a brilliant change of diet when your sick of eating A,B,C,D etc.
Doesn't go off, can be kept un refrigerated if you use powdered milk and it won't crush etc.

You can also use honey in place of golden syrup, its pretty good to.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “BlaserBuds Food And Drink”