Drinks are done.

This is the place to discuss your cooking,eating, drinking, recipes and pose questions, for answers on an international scale.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Oscar

SPEEDY

Drinks are done.

Post by SPEEDY »

Just finished bottling my rapid aged drinks, I got a very very smooth sour mash rye bourbon and without a doubt the best rum I've ever made, smooth with a nice Smokey almost scotch like finish, adding smoked rye and fresh ginger to the rum made a big impact that combine really well and making it a sour mash or sour wash I guess would be the correct name really bought the whole thing together and made it rather unique. :dance:
15422084459110.jpg
15422084747901.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Re: Drinks are done.

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

With marketing like that on the label Tis a good thing you’re not selling it :lol: :lol:

How much ginger did you add to the wash?

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

I'll take a bottle of Hillbilly rum.... :dance:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

chalky
Meister der jagd

Post by chalky »

Let us know how the hangover goes Speedy :lol: :lol:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:43 pm With marketing like that on the label Tis a good thing you’re not selling it :lol: :lol:

How much ginger did you add to the wash?
I add 100gm fresh sliced ginger to every 20lt of wash while boiling the mollasse, it sits in the fermenter and then goes into the pot when distilling.
I add fresh ginger to the Lees I use with the backset when I'm doing the sour mash with another 500ml of mollasse.
That's in a 40lt fermenter so it's half that for a 20lt run.
chalky wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:10 pm Let us know how the hangover goes Speedy :lol: :lol:
Zero hangover, they are caused by impurities like fusel oil, sulfides and other byproducts produced when fermenting if you don't do your cuts right or set up you still to remove them.
I went through 2 bottles of the 55% with a mate in 8-10 drinks, woke up on a friend's couch with a lot of photos and videos on my phone that none of us remember taking.
Had a dehydration headache when we woke up, a big drink and a cup of coffee and 30min latter we were back to normal, no aspirin and no headaches, crook but or aching bones.
Clear heads sober and fine.

Good spirits make for zero hangovers. :handgestures-thumbup:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “BlaserBuds Food And Drink”