Definitely went over the top this moonshine season

This is the place to discuss your cooking,eating, drinking, recipes and pose questions, for answers on an international scale.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Oscar

SPEEDY

Definitely went over the top this moonshine season

Post by SPEEDY »

And redeveloped the old simple keg still into something just plain cool.
I don't know if it will do a better job, but it will be more fun to watch, if a bit more work to clean afterwards.
I've also set it up so I can run it with wood and a gravity feed water system if the zombies are ever at the gate. :lol:
16063723857550.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Rod
Meister der jagd

Re: Definitely went over the top this moonshine season

Post by Rod »

You using rain water?

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

No but I might as well, put a tank there and I can connect it to a pump and use it for both mash and to cool the shotgun condenser.
But all I'm running these days are rice whiskeys of various types and flavours. I like it a lot more even if it is more work, but it's 100% diy instead of sugar washes and syrup and I love the taste of it, just add steamed rice and and a couple of fungal spores.
It slowly dissolves into mash from a solid state, it's awesome and you also get rice wine as well. πŸ‘

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Interesting...I’ve often considered distilling spirit.....and then aging it in old port or wine barrels to produce rum . But the logistics and time required to wait to sample a, hopefully, decent drop always bring me back to reality πŸ‘Ž but I find the whole process interesting πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

It's not that long, you can make some top shelf stuff with 6 months ageing.
I've got a real nice lot of white sticky rice whiskey and a batch of Thai sweet sticky rice and Thai black sticky rice whiskey ageing along side some scotch that's come a very long way in 3 months already.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Thats is awesome.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Rod wrote: ↑Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:38 am Interesting...I’ve often considered distilling spirit.....and then aging it in old port or wine barrels to produce rum . But the logistics and time required to wait to sample a, hopefully, decent drop always bring me back to reality πŸ‘Ž but I find the whole process interesting πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
The internet is your friend. I have an acquaintance (NOT Speedy) who has been rather successful in his small scale efforts. Info was critically sourced on line.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

secondtry wrote: ↑Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:50 pm
Rod wrote: ↑Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:38 am Interesting...I’ve often considered distilling spirit.....and then aging it in old port or wine barrels to produce rum . But the logistics and time required to wait to sample a, hopefully, decent drop always bring me back to reality πŸ‘Ž but I find the whole process interesting πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Well I’m on long service leave at present and I’m retiring when that runs out in 4 months. So....in between hunting trips I might be able to find the time πŸ‘

The internet is your friend. I have an acquaintance (NOT Speedy) who has been rather successful in his small scale efforts. Info was critically sourced on line.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

secondtry wrote: ↑Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:50 pm
I know a number of people who make great stuff, and some that make nasty stuff too.
The big secret is I the quality of your ingredients and getting your cuts right.
Master those two steps and you will make great stuff, and running it out over coals helps too.
But if you just want to make an ethanol based essence flavoured drop them that's even easier to get right.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Damn it's a sweet rig, bloody fast, bloody smooth and I'm not even using the power controller yet.

https://youtu.be/RIm8cjbIlbI

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Post by Oscar »

My liver hurts just looking at the capacity of that rig!

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

That's is a sweet setup . Uncle jesse would be very proud of you.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Return to β€œBlaserBuds Food And Drink”