Good effort, poor results.

Here is the place to discuss our favorite dogs of all types, and our adventures with them.

Moderators: Vaughan, mchughcb

SPEEDY

Good effort, poor results.

Post by SPEEDY »

I took Critter and the hounds out for their maiden voyage.
We went to a quite paddock and put Critter down 3 little warrens, he only put one rabbit out on the last burrow, but the dogs had the most Benny Hill style chase and he made it back to the burrow. :lol:
Then I stuffed up, Critter caught one and was dragging it out but when I stuck my hand in to grab it, I accidentally pulled Critter out by mistake :oops:

Still, a great effort for their 1st run, I will give it another go later in the week, I might even be able to take a shotgun out too.

The only real problem was the dogs found a blind wallabie, they bailed it up and it kept running at them and into trees, Sandy lost some skin but the dogs were ok and the wallabie was fine.
IMAG0830.jpg
14905902149310.jpg
14905902789201.jpg
14905903507092.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Scotch_egg

Re: Good effort, poor results.

Post by Scotch_egg »

Is there a risk of snakes in the burrows?

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Yep, big bad top ten most poisonous kind, and not just one but probably 3 of the top ten live on that patch of ground.
It's a bit worrying putting one down a hole, not as worrying as putting your own hand in there but still :pray:

They have Brown snakes, Tiger snakes, Black snakes, Copper heads and eastern bloody Taipans.

Any of em can and will kill you, well you have a reasonable shot of getting to town if a Black or Copper head bites you, although having been bitten by a Copper head with its necrosis causing bite, I'd rather get kicked in the nutts by a horse then go through that again.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Nice, where is the Bandog?

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

mchughcb wrote:Nice, where is the Bandog?

Rocky had to go to a new home almost two years ago, he was throwing the whippet around like a rag doll.
I also couldn't walk him and he was knocking me around.
Buddy is a good dog although he has been picking on Sandy a bit much and likes to pee on any camping gear I leave out.
He's getting too much work as well, but I'm hanging in their and hope he settles down soon.

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Thanks for the interesting report on Critter's first hunt. I hope he had a good rest after.

Return to “BlaserBuds Dog Diskussions”