One of the neatest videos I've ever seen

Here is the place to discuss our favorite dogs of all types, and our adventures with them.

Moderators: Vaughan, mchughcb

thechamp
Administrator

One of the neatest videos I've ever seen

Post by thechamp »

Friend of mine sent me this today. Figured some of the dog lovers here would appreciate it.
As the years have gone by I find myself caring about animals more than most people. Thus this
one was really special. They love you more than they love themselves.

EMcC

Re: One of the neatest videos I've ever seen

Post by EMcC »

WOW, That was really some film.
It just goes to show how Dogs have a special bond with man and always have done for as long as man can remember.
Brought a tear to my eye.

Dom

Post by Dom »

Nice clip, quite the dogs, they just fit to that type climate.
-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom --------------

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Dom wrote:Nice clip, quite the dogs, they just fit to that type climate.

As bad as I'd like to have one I'm not moving there to do it! And in our desert heat they don't fare well. I've always thought they were the prettiest dogs alive. Plus I've always liked big dogs. The German Shepherd has always been one of my favorites, followed by the Rottweilers. Nothing like a big Rott to get your attention - and keep it! Over the years I've gone to the Rottweiler and the crossbreed one we have is an awesome dog. Smart as a whip and she loves her 'people'. You'd never know she could be mean but under the right conditions she becomes one bad ass dog. Almost funny when she gets pissed because it's so out of character for her. Had a washing machine go on the blink a couple years back and I sold it to the repairman for $20 to haul it off so he could fix it and resell it. She saw him coming out of the house with that washer on a dolly and went ballistic. She was all teeth, barking and growling as she set up behind him daring him to take it. Her chest was flared out and front legs were braced ready for battle. Scared the crap out of him.... :lol: :lol: AND he stopped in his tracks looking to me for HELP! I told her it was ok and she chilled pretty quickly and backed down. She doesn't mind Corjack's dogs and pretty much ignores them but if a stray comes by she can get aggressive to protect her turf. Really funny to watch as she decides 'friend or foe'. She'll also help my GF herd the cats in when they're being little buttheads and not coming in like they should. She'll head toward them and bark and they understand it's time to quit jacking around and get their asses in. :lol: She won't hurt them but still funny to watch her mess with them. She's getting old and I dread thinking about what lies down the road. It'll definitely leave a huge empty spot when she goes. Her sidekick passed earlier this year and that was hard enough but we still had her.

dinsdale
Meister der jagd

Post by dinsdale »

You want to read a cool story about Arctic exploration and the relationship of dogs and explorers check out this book;

http://www.willsteger.com/about-will/au ... o-the-pole

This guy recreated the original North Pole expedition that made it first as there were questions to how close the original one came. Theie quest was to make it with no re-supply or help from aircraft etc. just like Perry did originally......they made it too.

Later he also did Antarctica and tragically lost his best dog on the quest.

Great read as to dogs, equiptment, and how to survive at extreme temps for extended periods.

Real good public speaker too as I attended a lecture by him while working in NYC a few years after the North pole trip.

My first dog was a Malamute cross Shepard. Compared to todays sled dogs they are the heavy sled dogs of the past. He weighed almost as much as me at 10 months and was a brute, but one of the smartest dogs I have ever been around.

skeetshot

Post by skeetshot »

Great video, Champ, thanks for sharing it.

Someday I ll post about the Tibetan Mastiff, another interesting dog.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Eight Below is a great movie to watch as I have watched it a few times with the kids :clap: :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

kozak 23

Post by kozak 23 »

Picture 049.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “BlaserBuds Dog Diskussions”