Funny combination today of doubles and singles

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

SPEEDY
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

Re: Funny combination today of doubles and singles

Post by SPEEDY »

The said they managed to get me a scope mount for it, so I might try a 1-4x24 or a spare 2-7x36 Kahles that I have sitting around.
Just to see how it goes.

But anyway this is the test target that came with it, not bad under 1" at 50m so that's great regulation for a 100m crossover.
16092261057610.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

dieselten
Meister der jagd

Post by dieselten »

Nice looking rifle. Adding a scope will affect the regulation. Just changing from a 1-6x to a 3-18x on my D99 Duo significantly changed the regulation. Luckily on mine I have an adjustable barrel

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

It doesn't seem to be an issue with them, but I plan on loading up some very mild loads for pigs, cast pills at 1700fps seem about right.
3" at 50m will give me minute of pigs vitals accuracy at 100m, even cheap jacketed pills will work good at that speed, but most pills will be too hard especially the stuff designed for bigger game then 30-100kg pigs.
OK and probably some cats too.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

dieselten wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:56 am
Nice looking rifle. Adding a scope will affect the regulation. Just changing from a 1-6x to a 3-18x on my D99 Duo significantly changed the regulation. Luckily on mine I have an adjustable barrel
Sorry, what....? Why does that happen? When switching between a 1-8x and a 2.5-15x, I've not noticed a problem with the regulation of my BB97. I've not really tested for a shift either, just shot a target and thought "good to go" :?
/Vaughan

dieselten
Meister der jagd

Post by dieselten »

Vaughan wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:47 am
dieselten wrote:
Sorry, what....? Why does that happen? When switching between a 1-8x and a 2.5-15x, I've not noticed a problem with the regulation of my BB97. I've not really tested for a shift either, just shot a target and thought "good to go" :?
I dont know why it happens, but it happened on my D99 Duo. I have 3 BBF’s and never really noticed any changes. But the D99 Duo had it big time. Maybe cause the barrels are not directly over/under? Weird harmonics?

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

dieselten wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:20 am
Vaughan wrote:
dieselten wrote:
I dont know why it happens, but it happened on my D99 Duo. I have 3 BBF’s and never really noticed any changes. But the D99 Duo had it big time. Maybe cause the barrels are not directly over/under? Weird harmonics?
That makes sense to me. The S/S barrels are not on the centreline and under recoil want to push to opposite sides. Increasing scope weight could easily affect how this plays out regulation wise.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That's why non adjustable regulated guns are regulated the way they are.
They are designed so the 2nd shot is fired 2nd and it compansates for twisting under recoil ect.
I honestly doubt a, scope will affect the harmonics any, I've read a lot about them, the early ones had done nightmares but for the last ten years they have been brilliant.
But I won't know for sure till I put one one, if I put one one one.
I'd say it's not the regulation that was the issue, more the change in head position when using a scope.
Either way I'm happy with my purchase regardless.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Vaughan wrote:
dieselten wrote:
Not sure why but definitely changes on my bbf. But i normally stick to the one scope regulated and if i put another on its sighted in for the bottom barrel only.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

mchughcb wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:27 pm
Vaughan wrote:
dieselten wrote:
Not sure why but definitely changes on my bbf. But i normally stick to the one scope regulated and if i put another on its sighted in for the bottom barrel only.
Odd. I rarely (read never) swap scopes for hunting either, just use the one it's regulated for. But I have been thinking of carrying an aimpoint to swap on in some stands I hunt from so this could be an issue, although at the ranges I would be shooting, probably nothing to worry about. I have used different scopes off the bench but I didn't clock ot anything happening. I'll have to find a nice sunny day next summer and do a bit of shooting for fun and see what happens.....
/Vaughan

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:59 pm
That's why non adjustable regulated guns are regulated the way they are.
They are designed so the 2nd shot is fired 2nd and it compansates for twisting under recoil ect.
I honestly doubt a, scope will affect the harmonics any, I've read a lot about them, the early ones had done nightmares but for the last ten years they have been brilliant.
But I won't know for sure till I put one one, if I put one one one.
I'd say it's not the regulation that was the issue, more the change in head position when using a scope.
Either way I'm happy with my purchase regardless.
I'd be bloody happy too :handgestures-thumbup: It will be good fun to play with and a double rifle ranges, near enough is usually good enough.
/Vaughan

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Yep I think I will use the 1-4 spot hog on it when chasing pigs where the range is usually close but can stretch out to 100m at times.
But for deer, probably not as I like the up close country where it's surprise followed by quick shoot.
Usually in the thick stuff close to a road, I don't do big carry outs. 🤣

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”