Finally, After A Year

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

Corjack
Administrator

Re: Finally, After A Year

Post by Corjack »

blaserguy wrote:Deer,turkeys,hogs... You name it your ready
There are guys loading the hornet in Texas to head shoot hogs and doing quite well with it. I have always loved the 22 Hornet and added a barrel for my K95
The u certainty of the wait has affected me as well.
I would love to add a 6.5 or 7mm rimmed set of double short barrels for my B97 but I always back away worrying if I will get it in time for hunting season.
Yea, I can not figure out why it is always such a problem.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Another neat thing is, I traded Thechamp out of an older c case last year, and it fits inside perfectly.
IMG_3115.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Definitely the goods.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Looking good, fits in that case nicely.

blaserguy
Meister der jagd

Post by blaserguy »

That's a rig begging to be taken on the road!

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

mchughcb wrote:Agree regulation for the slugs at 100m is too much. I have mine about 45mm high at 50m. I'm going to bring it back to spot on at 40m. What I found when patterning this year was only a few of the lower pellets were hitting the target so it is a compromise for slugs and pellets. Plus you have the hornet for small game past 100m. Hope the regulation is fast and easy.
So my concerns are well founded. I am dead on or maybe a whisker high at 50YDS with a slug but have not put a pattern over the slug MPI. I had a feeling that the Europeans may work around a somewhat shorter range for slug and shot to coincide, and you have confirmed that.

Another task on the path to perfection.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

i regulated my BD14 so that the slug and large rifle print to the same place at 50 yards and the large rifle and small rifle print to the same place at 100 yards. This seems to get the job done real well. The first thing I shot with it was a turkey at 30 yards with the 20 gauge barrel and a load of heavy shot magnum blend. I just put the dot on the turkey's head and pulled the trigger, all shot hit the head and neck. Next I shot a wild boar at 150 yards with the large rifle and then another boar at 50 yards with the small rifle. All were hit exactly where I wanted and were clean kills. This regulation seems to work well for me anyway.
Here is a target I shot at 50 yards with three shots each barrel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert J Stokes

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Nice rig Corjack :D Not sure I wouldn't be reaching for a lower (SR) mounted Z8 1-8x :think:

secondtry wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Agree regulation for the slugs at 100m is too much. I have mine about 45mm high at 50m. I'm going to bring it back to spot on at 40m. What I found when patterning this year was only a few of the lower pellets were hitting the target so it is a compromise for slugs and pellets. Plus you have the hornet for small game past 100m. Hope the regulation is fast and easy.
So my concerns are well founded. I am dead on or maybe a whisker high at 50YDS with a slug but have not put a pattern over the slug MPI. I had a feeling that the Europeans may work around a somewhat shorter range for slug and shot to coincide, and you have confirmed that.

Some German manufacturers charge extra to be regulated to the Langenhagener Norm
Langenhagener Norm
Sighting-in with slugs according to “Langenhagener Norm”, we guarantee with the ammunition we used for sighting-in a maximum group between rifle barrel and shotgun barrel of 10 cm (4") with over-and-under rifle/shotgun combinations and drillings with 3 shots from each barrel at 35 m (38 yd), and 15 cm (about 6") with drillings and both shotgun barrels sighted-in with rifled slugs.
https://www.krieghoff.de/en/infoextra/g ... ith-slugs/

Yet to hear if Blaser follow this convention or leave it to the owner with his trusty Allen key

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

secondtry wrote:

If you want to see how far apart you can get the barrels try getting it regulated for 100y. When you look at the barrels they don't look right :lol:

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Noticed a slight divergence of the barrells the other day. Nt obvious to most but noticeable.

GBE If I paid good or bad money to have my BBF regulated to the Langenhagener Norm, I would be crazy.

It would be child's play to get a BBF significantly better than that. My limited experience to date suggests that two or three slugs and three or four rifle rounds to regulate, plus what would be expended on the confirming groups. Maybe a click or two to fine tune. To date I have sighted in one scope, two MIcros and regulated, using nine slugs. Pulling the rifle barrell down used four rifle rounds.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

The key metric I noticed was not the size of the groups but the distance they shoot them at :ugeek:

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

I was looking numbers, and the hornet, 9.3 numbers to a hundred yards are fairly similar. I am hoping that the slugs print fairly vertical, rather than horizontal. I am not going to make much in the way of decision on regulation, until I can shoot some slugs through it, and see where they print.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Here's another handy accessory for your BD14 Corjack.
Robert J Stokes

dieselten
Meister der jagd

Post by dieselten »

Very nice Corjack! Best of luck with it.

I also recommend to duplicate Stokes regulation, I did with my D99 Duo. Slugs zeroed at 50 and both rifle barrels zeroed at 100. The slugs at 50 yards, which is also what I did with several BBF's, yields point/shoot capabilities with #5 or #6 shot, as well as buck shot.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

I am slightly concerned that the shotgun barrel is not regulatable. Hopefully it will alighn vertically. I will probably try for regulating at 49 and 99 yards, just to be different.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”