BB97 stock question

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

stokesrj

Re: BB97 stock question

Post by stokesrj »

Vaughan wrote:Well, I got over my little hissy-fit and took the BBF hunting for 3 days this week. It goes "bang" very nicely indeed!

Calf.jpg

Only a little fella but you can only shoot what comes out of the forest.

pass.jpg

It is a nice area to hunt but I did not manage to take many pictures.
Good for you, I got a calf like that one time, it was the best eating imaginable. Waidmannsheil!
Robert J Stokes

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Nice work Vaughan. Looks like you exploded it. Whst was the distance, was it offhand?

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Waidmannsheil

Good to see it all coming together at last

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

mchughcb wrote:Nice work Vaughan. Looks like you exploded it. Whst was the distance, was it offhand?
The exit would wasn't as bad as it looks. The bullet took the top of the heart and lung so there was a lot of blood and froth at the exit would and a heavy blood trail. The distance was fairly close, maybe 120m across a little mire, perhaps a little less. The calf had been separated from its mother, possibly they had been chased by a bear, we found their tracks on the road later and clearly something was chasing them and it wasn't one of our dogs. Whatever the reason I heard his distress calls as he came down off the road onto the mire so I had time to get ready and took him offhand as he came through the pines on the mires edge. He was not moving very fast. It was a good end to the trip.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

stokesrj wrote:
Vaughan wrote:Well, I got over my little hissy-fit and took the BBF hunting for 3 days this week. It goes "bang" very nicely indeed!

Calf.jpg

Only a little fella but you can only shoot what comes out of the forest.

pass.jpg

It is a nice area to hunt but I did not manage to take many pictures.
Good for you, I got a calf like that one time, it was the best eating imaginable. Waidmannsheil!
They are good eating :D This one I didn't get as I was a guest hunter with the forest company so the meat went to the local team. Extra pressure to make sure you shoot cleanly.....
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Vaughan wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Nice work Vaughan. Looks like you exploded it. Whst was the distance, was it offhand?
The exit would wasn't as bad as it looks. The bullet took the top of the heart and lung so there was a lot of blood and froth at the exit would and a heavy blood trail. The distance was fairly close, maybe 120m across a little mire, perhaps a little less. The calf had been separated from its mother, possibly they had been chased by a bear, we found their tracks on the road later and clearly something was chasing them and it wasn't one of our dogs. Whatever the reason I heard his distress calls as he came down off the road onto the mire so I had time to get ready and took him offhand as he came through the pines on the mires edge. He was not moving very fast. It was a good end to the trip.
Nothing like all that hard work coming together. And nothing better than having a BBF97 in 9.3x74R and actually using it for hunting :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm inspired to try an film another succesful sambar video with mine 8-)

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

I need to do a bit more range work with it to gain confidence in the weapon actually shooting consistently where it should -
I'm sure it does, I just need to prove it myself - but other than that it is a great firearm to carry. Handles well, especially in the confines of a high seat, and when shooting on game has very light recoil. I was able to keep that calf in the scope after the first shot and track it before deciding the 2nd was unnecessary.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

O4ak95

Post by O4ak95 »

Congrats Vaughan. Great to see your finished project out in the field on a very successful hunt! May there be many more to come.

Tim

chalky
Meister der jagd

Post by chalky »

Well done on the hunt and good shooting :clap:

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

Well, if someone needs new screws for the Blaser saddle mount - I have now a bunch of them in stock (Allen key heads only, but strong 8.8 steel - high quality!)

For Blaser saddle mount and Swarovski SR-rail: DDIN 7984 M4x8
http://www.titanium-gunworks.de/montage ... hiene.html

and the same for most Aimpoint Micro mounts:
DIN 912 M3x4:
http://www.titanium-gunworks.de/montage ... ro-h2.html

Shipping could be done of 5 € worldwide, even when the shop shows You a higher price - I will lower it manually after your order...

Best regards, Klaus
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Pigeon wrote:Well, if someone needs new screws for the Blaser saddle mount - I have now a bunch of them in stock (Allen key heads only, but strong 8.8 steel - high quality!)

For Blaser saddle mount and Swarovski SR-rail: DDIN 7984 M4x8
http://www.titanium-gunworks.de/montage ... hiene.html

and the same for most Aimpoint Micro mounts:
DIN 912 M3x4:
http://www.titanium-gunworks.de/montage ... ro-h2.html

Shipping could be done of 5 € worldwide, even when the shop shows You a higher price - I will lower it manually after your order...

Best regards, Klaus
The replacement screws arrived today. Everything goes together just fine. Thanks Klaus! :handgestures-thumbup:

I just need a new scope to go with the spare base..... :lol: :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

We could help you pick one out :)
Robert J Stokes

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

stokesrj wrote:We could help you pick one out :)
No doubt.... :lol:
I'll stick with the 2.5-15 this season while I convince myself the firearm is a keeper but do need something else for next year if I decide to keep the BBF.

Not sure what I'll do with the '62 but I'm thinking I could sell it and get an R8 8mm for those places I need more reach or for monolithics. Don't know but I'll worry about that later. The village team shot 7 moose on the weekend, 6 went down in the space of 25min, so the season is off to a good start. I didn't see fur but we have 5 more there and another 10 to get on my other team, so there are still plenty of chances. :pray: :pray:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Sounds alright, I find some of the European hunting systems or clubs are interesting.
We need to pay attention to it here as despite public land hunting we will be using similar systems in the future.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I'm thinking Vaughan a Z8i 1-8x24 SR would look mighty fine on the BBF :whistle:

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”