BB97 stock question

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

SPEEDY

Re: BB97 stock question

Post by SPEEDY »

I go pretty good with muscle memory but in thick aussie scrub thats of little consequence as even without a scope things keep disappearing and reappearing.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Back from Oz and bothering the Sambar. I managed only a young doe this year with a borrowed 9,3. My brothers managed an older stag whose antlers were on the way down, another doe and a couple of young 'uns, so the cooler ended up full :-). We made about 20kg of Sambar sausage out of the old stag, not sure how they turned out - I was lucky enough to leave the country before they hit the bbq :lol: :lol:

More relevant to this thread, 2 days after I got home I was out on the moose pass and I got lucky and shot a 7-8 y.o. barren moose cow with the BB97 :D :D I had to wait a while and sweat on the dog to find her as she ran about 200m with a double lung shot that exited the off side shoulder. She was running right-to-left down hill, I was turning as I stood up from my chair and swinging left-to right and my shot was about 10cm higher than it should have been but the 9,3x74R did the job fine. It was a cow so I didn’t bother to take photos. I get happier with that rifle every time I sit in the forest with it :D

The funny bit was I was sitting on a ridge hunting the next day and started looking around for the rancid old bull I could smell. I figured one was trying to sneak past. Turned out there was a rancid old bull on the ridge, and it was me. :oops: :oops: My pants were covered in blood from the cow, added to the fact I had not washed them in the 9 hunting seasons I had owned them and the accumulated crap that had soaked into the leather had all finally gotten a bit much….. When I got home I gave in and put them through the wash and am now trying to soak saddle oil into them. I’m going to smell like a $2 whore next weekend, which can’t ever be a good thing….
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

That's great news Vaughan. Well done on getting a doe too. Every week I sit, stand, walk and run somewhere with my BBF97 and hunting something - anything. There's much joy being out with the BBF97
P7292260.JPG
I will be making a blaser hunting compilation this year and the BBF97 will feature prominently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”