BB97 stock question

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

SPEEDY

Re: BB97 stock question

Post by SPEEDY »

If they were a bit loose that would explain the bending, although the chewed up plastic is something else I'm thinking.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Well, todays test didn't go quite as planned....
74R bbl regulation.jpg
I shot this yesterday, broke the rifle down and ran some patches through the bores. Reassembled and ran 2 dry patches through this morning. Adjusted the scope down a bit and then shot this...
74R bbl regulation 2.jpg
:o :x I mean - what the....!
I then realised I had done 1 other thing - I had put the little rubber insert thingy back in place because I figured I didn't need access to the adjustment screws any longer. Took it out and shot this....
74R bbl regulation 3.jpg
So much for the idea it does not affecting the POI. The shooting is poor but I put that down to me vibrating in frustrated impotent fury at the time.

The lower bbl is shooting well and where it should have been based on yesterdays results and my adjustment. However, the upper bbl has gone from shooting a little low to a little high without me touching the adjustment screws - just running a cleaning rod through it and the rubber thingy. So something does not seem to be right there - and how the heck did the insert affect the upper, sleeved, bbl anyway?

I'm about out of ideas with this KPOS. I checked the R93 again today, and even with a $10 Walmart scope it shoots rings around the BBF. Well, it doesn't, but it feels like that just now. I'll be in the forest at 6am tomorrow, guess which rifle I'll be carrying. :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I guess its not true what they say.
If its not on,then its not on just got turned on its arse.

Looks like you can leave you rubber at home when going to let off a shot :lol:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Vaughan, the BBF can take a bit of getting used to. Simply adjusting the scope and expecting both barrels to move by the same amount is a bit of a mistake. The sight picture is related to the top barrel. The bottom barrel has different trajectory WRT the scope. It depends how much fiddlying you want to do.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Thats still better IMO then SxS rifles, the windage means neither barrel is directly zeroed.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

mchughcb wrote:Vaughan, the BBF can take a bit of getting used to. Simply adjusting the scope and expecting both barrels to move by the same amount is a bit of a mistake. The sight picture is related to the top barrel. The bottom barrel has different trajectory WRT the scope. It depends how much fiddlying you want to do.
I was hoping that was part of the explanation. I figured the bbls wouldn't change the same. I guess I was not expecting the effect to be so strong. as you say. a bit of a learning curve.....

I 've spent a few hours with Dog looking for forest hens. we got 2 black grouse but the caper were too good for us. cheered me up no end. last time we hunted this mire was 2 years ago when we got chased off by a brown bear. I've been too chicken to go back until today and the birds have made good use of my absence....
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Can you plug a bear in self defence?

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote:Can you plug a bear in self defence?
I will should it come to that. I hunt with a 20g and birdshot so it will have to be close enough to call me Honey before I can shoot. in that situation I think I could mount a persuasive argument for self defence...
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

mchughcb wrote:Vaughan, the BBF can take a bit of getting used to. Simply adjusting the scope and expecting both barrels to move by the same amount is a bit of a mistake. The sight picture is related to the top barrel. The bottom barrel has different trajectory WRT the scope. It depends how much fiddlying you want to do.
adjusting the bottom bbl with the scope on the top one would explain the diagonal movement as well perhaps. in which case it was just that bloody rubber insert. that's is a reassuring thought. when I'm not pissed, the rifle load combo shoots beautifully out of both bbls. I just need to get 2 sessions where I don't have to change manure.....
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Vaughan wrote:
I will should it come to that. I hunt with a 20g and birdshot so it will have to be close enough to call me Honey before I can shoot. in that situation I think I could mount a persuasive argument for self defence...

I had a mate that wanted to have a go at a Buff with a single shot 12ga loaded with steel shot BB's :lol:

Im glad I talked himout of it.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote:
Vaughan wrote:

I had a mate that wanted to have a go at a Buff with a single shot 12ga loaded with steel shot BB's :lol:

Im glad I talked himout of it.
how did that ever see like a good idea? :lol: :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, and it was the 1st buff he had ever seen.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Vaughan wrote:
I was hoping that was part of the explanation. I figured the bbls wouldn't change the same. I guess I was not expecting the effect to be so strong. as you say. a bit of a learning curve.....

I 've spent a few hours with Dog looking for forest hens. we got 2 black grouse but the caper were too good for us. cheered me up no end. last time we hunted this mire was 2 years ago when we got chased off by a brown bear. I've been too chicken to go back until today and the birds have made good use of my absence....
I'd love to go and hunt capers again :dance: , this time with my BBF instead of a 8x57 and a red dot :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

SPEEDY wrote:He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, and it was the 1st buff he had ever seen.
Yeah but that means he actually saw it before coming up with that idea. Darwins theory clearly has a few unexplained inconsistencies..... :lol: :lol:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Well, I got over my little hissy-fit and took the BBF hunting for 3 days this week. It goes "bang" very nicely indeed!
Calf.jpg
Only a little fella but you can only shoot what comes out of the forest.
pass.jpg
It is a nice area to hunt but I did not manage to take many pictures.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”