K 95 Stutzen Calibre

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Re: K 95 Stutzen Calibre

Post by secondtry »

mchughcb wrote:So Iain have we put down a deposit yet?
Decision made. Watch this space :D

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

8,5x63R??

(Where is Roe deer these days and I'd be keen to know what the velocity loss is on this one as the R8 barrels are magnum length....)

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

secondtry wrote:
Look if it doesn't work out and you lose all those 32" stags because you were using the 150 Winnie PP out of a stutzen I have another blaserbud that maybe interested in disposing it for you :lol:

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:8,5x63R??

(Where is Roe deer these days and I'd be keen to know what the velocity loss is on this one as the R8 barrels are magnum length....)
Not available in Stutzen. The calibres offered by Blaser are very sensible options although some of them would be pretty noisy :D

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

mchughcb wrote:
secondtry wrote:
Look if it doesn't work out and you lose all those 32" stags because you were using the 150 Winnie PP out of a stutzen I have another blaserbud that maybe interested in disposing it for you :lol:
See if this works.

There you go - it does work :D

Plan to just sight in with, and use, 165 Oryx factory, Can't be faffed exploring all the options for 308, although I have dies and components. Handloading is a disease, so maybe down the track a bit. And if 32" stags are in the offing, it will still be something more than 308. :D

308 available now trumps rimmed in maybe 12 months :D Although I still, perhaps illogically, much prefer rimmed to rimless in this rifle. I will need to stop biting my nails - at least the nail on my right index finger :lol: .

Even with the rimless, I need to tip the rifle for the case to move back that little so i can get some purchase on it. I always tip with the rimmed cases, but it isn't necessary. And that rimless extractor is pissy little thing - yeah, yeah, I know and accept that it works, but it has very little contact area with the rim. Not trying to refan the flame of the rim/rimless debate, just thinking aloud.

How about a 303 case and a .308 bore.? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by secondtry on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Now thats purdy.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

One of the nice things about Blasers is you can easily add or change barrels, fore stocks, trigger and bolt or leave them as is. I like the looks of yours. :handgestures-thumbup:
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Looks nice, if you can get it for under $4500 you have a bargain.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Very nice Stutzen, let us know how you like it, what you think of the recoil.
Robert J Stokes

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

stokesrj wrote:Very nice Stutzen, let us know how you like it, what you think of the recoil.
Hoping to have some range time next week. Will report back on recoil.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Very nice, shame about the chambering :whistle:

Strange question, but what breed is the truck it's sitting on? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I was in Frankonia's in Berlin yesterday, they have a K95 Stutzen in stock very similar to the one pictured above. I asked them how many K95's they sold. The reply was, maybe one a year. That surprised me, I thought that sales would be more.
Robert J Stokes

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well they are relatively expensive and the cheap ones were already sold in Australia - right Iain?

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

mchughcb wrote:Well they are relatively expensive and the cheap ones were already sold in Australia - right Iain?

"Relatively" is a very relative tearm. :lol:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

SPEEDY wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Well they are relatively expensive and the cheap ones were already sold in Australia - right Iain?
"Relatively" is a very relative tearm. :lol:
The Blaser blurb for this model says "The good price makes it affordable for younger hunters".
As we already know, those who are able to hunt in Germany generally come from a rather different demographic from the average Aussie, Kiwi, or US hunter. The Edition Stutzen lists at A$6700 here now, and to me that isn't a "young hunter" friendly sticker.
When the German VAT and the Aus. GST are taken into account, we pay about A$1000 more than the Frankonia price. When the Edition was first released, the model was several thousand less expensive in Aus. than it is now.
stokesrj wrote:I was in Frankonia's in Berlin yesterday, they have a K95 Stutzen in stock very similar to the one pictured above. I asked them how many K95's they sold. The reply was, maybe one a year. That surprised me, I thought that sales would be more.
Interesting Bob, but perhaps not surprising. Do they sell only one K95 or only one Stutzen K95, or only one Edition Stutzen K95, or ?
Only Blaser know for sure, but if annual K95 production may total no more than a couple of hundred, across all models, that reply from one outlet, albeit a very large outlet, may be more understandable.
Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote: Strange question, but what breed is the truck it's sitting on? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:
Standard hunter's issue Hilux.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”