Kipplauf hunting

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

mchughcb

Re: Kipplauf hunting

Post by mchughcb »

I feel bobs dilemmia can only be solved with a bbf95 in 20g and 7x57R weighing 2.6kg.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I'd load the 308 with a pill thst will work good on both types of game, an SST leaps to mind.
I did think about tge two scopes two loads option, but then I realized that I tend to use the 308 and one load for everything.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

mchughcb wrote:I feel bobs dilemmia can only be solved with a bbf95 in 20g and 7x57R weighing 2.6kg.
With 52cm barells for compactness when travelling and when in the hochsitz :D

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I really can't wait, Blaser says 3 weeks for my Stutzen.
Robert J Stokes

Blasernovice

Post by Blasernovice »

stokesrj wrote:I really can't wait, Blaser says 3 weeks for my Stutzen.
It will be here before you know. I've got approx 8 weeks before my K95 turns up.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

I bought a Stutzen in 308 off gunsinternational a few days ago. I'll get mine before you, Bob! But....I think I'll go with Chuck on this one and use the 30-06 Stutzen barrel I bought a while back off this board's classifieds. (So if anybody wants a 308 stutzen barrel....) Will reserve the final decision until I have a chance to shoot them both (and see how the wood matches) but my opinion in the past and as of now is 30-06>308. But opinions are fluid so we shall see.

I had planned on just using the 30-06 stutzen barrel with my current k95 but the straight American stock just doesn't work with the irons. Thinking the Stutzen euro style stock will be better for it. The only thing better than owning a K95 is owning two K95s :)

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I would like to own a second K95. Probably in 222 or if they made it, in 223. I think I would be happy and probably offload some barrel in my K95. I would keep my 416 Remington, just so I can continue to talk about hunting with it rather than actually hunting it :lol:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

One day maybe, although in all honesty the luxus will do everything I need and want as well as a K95, and better in some situations.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

The R93 Luxus is heavier, uglier, and it has that darn bolt handle that's always getting in the way. Is a quick follow up shot really worth that steep of a price, Speedy? :lol:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

For now, expecially when hunting pigs.

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

I joined the Stutzen club (well sort of), I pulled the trigger on a Merkel K3 Stutzen in 308 of course. It has at least grade 4 wood, scope mount and a Swarovski scope after rebate $3600. The figure in the wood is beautiful and I am satisfied with the fit and finish. I will admit the money was part of the decision, but Since I already have the K1 I can switch barrels back and forth. This is not a big deal when hunting locally, but traveling it might be an advantage,especially when Negrini comes out with their new compact case. I will be hunting with it in about a month down in Kentucky.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Congrats, MM. I've came very close to buying a Merkel K1 or K3 myself. The price makes them very attractive. A negative experience with a Merkel big bore double rifle left a bad taste in my mouth that just soured me on the brand. However, from all reports I've see every K1/K3 owner has been very pleased with the rifles. I think you made a good decision since you already have the other Merkels. The compatibility factor trumps what possible advantages the K95 has. Enjoy!

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well MM that sounds like a bargain. Love to see tge final purchase if you don't mind.

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

Here are some pictures of my .308 Stutzenheading to the range later today.

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

646E8225-09E9-4B04-A421-A0E367AFB877.jpeg
25E5CBF3-4A8D-4BB8-8A77-C1AC6739B637.jpeg
Second try.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”