Kipplauf hunting

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

Blasernovice

Re: Kipplauf hunting

Post by Blasernovice »

Got about 80 videos in the playlist now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaD9V0j ... WPTaZfwWdc

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I'm hoping to add one the end of next month titled Javelina Kipplauf :)
Robert J Stokes

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

Great list of videos I really enjoy them. I am also going javelina Hunting first of February but was going to use my 308/12 gauge combo because I also hope to do quite a bit of predator calling. Now I am thinking I should bring the 308 Stutzen along. Bob which rifle will you be using for the javelina?

Blasernovice

Post by Blasernovice »

stokesrj wrote:I'm hoping to add one the end of next month titled Javelina Kipplauf :)
Sounds great, I'm hoping to make a few of my own in the near future too.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

MM wrote:Great list of videos I really enjoy them. I am also going javelina Hunting first of February but was going to use my 308/12 gauge combo because I also hope to do quite a bit of predator calling. Now I am thinking I should bring the 308 Stutzen along. Bob which rifle will you be using for the javelina?
I'll be using my K95 .22 Hornet shooting the 45 grain .224 Sierra Hornet on top of 12.8 grains of Lil'Gun. It should be perfect for Javelina. I've killed lots of the them with my bow (compound, recurve, and longbow), one with my 1911 45 ACP and one with my 50 cal Muzzleloader but never shot one with a rifle yet. My boys have shot lots with rifles when they were young but now hunt them with archery gear primarily. Although one of my son's Timmy, the Marine will be going with me on this hunt with his M16. He killed his first Javelina with a Chipmunk .22 magnum.
Robert J Stokes

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

I have never hunted them before, but I thought I would use the 308 with the 110 ttsx bullet because I can use it for javelina,hogs and predators. Maybe the 308 is a little overkill but it simplifies things because I have a shotgun too,and I only have to bring one gun. Now I am thinking I should bring the Stutzen along it is also a 308 but then I am hauling more stuff and I have a meeting in Dallas right after the hunt. I love the Stutzen and have not shot anything with it yet so I might just have to bring it. BD14 might be another good choice for you.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Yes, I had thought about the BD14 and .222 barrel, at one time thought I would like to use it, but I haven't shot anything with the K95 for a while and it is such a joyful gun I decided it should be it's turn. Most of the Javelina hunters in Arizona just shoot them with their deer rifle whatever that may be, .243, 308, 30-06 or 7mm Rem Mag are some of the popular ones I've seen used on them. My granddaughter shot her first one last year with a 6.5 Creedmoor they all work.
Robert J Stokes

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

You are fond of that little hornet aren't you, then again its not even mine and I'm fond of it too. :lol:
But its a very nice little rifle that one and has done everything you have asked it to in the past.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

SPEEDY wrote:You are fond of that little hornet aren't you, then again its not even mine and I'm fond of it too. :lol:
But its a very nice little rifle that one and has done everything you have asked it to in the past.
It is probably my favorite of all my rifles. I really like it.
Robert J Stokes

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

stokesrj wrote:
SPEEDY wrote:You are fond of that little hornet aren't you, then again its not even mine and I'm fond of it too. :lol:
It is probably my favorite of all my rifles. I really like it.

Perhaps subconsciously you too think rims are best in break action guns after all... :D

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Perhaps you are right :shhh:
Robert J Stokes

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Nothing wrong with loving a good rim.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

1D48FD41-127D-4DBF-84CA-72044B4D51C6.jpeg
5A550FAB-3DCF-42AE-8156-74E0F4A8FA20.jpeg
214C158C-6538-4DBF-AC81-0C46454BFB67.jpeg
DA930A18-2946-4D9E-B533-A9A318E20E31.jpeg
I went to Texas on business last week so I squeezed in a couple days of hunting. I took my new Stutzen .308 loaded with Barnes 110grn. TTSX bullets. They did well on the two javelina I shot. I have not had this rifle very long and
I love it but it is going to take quite a bit of practice to get used to. It is so light and zero weight out front,but a fun gun to hunt with. I need to work on getting up to my standards with this gun,in the interim I am keeping distances short.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Good going, I’ve hunted Javelina many years and you killed more with a kipplauf than me :)
Robert J Stokes

Blasernovice

Post by Blasernovice »

MM, nice looking rifle, it looks very handy.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”