Trigger guard for JP Sauer & Sohn drilling?

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

Zboneee

Trigger guard for JP Sauer & Sohn drilling?

Post by Zboneee »

I have a JP Sauer & Sohn drilling, a rare left handed model (safety and cheekpiece reversed for lefties) in 16 x 16 x 7x57mmR that I absolutely love, except I am not enthralled with its factory plastic trigger guard. The trigger guard is intact and functional; it just seems out of place on an otherwise walnut-and-steel gun. I know Sauer made a bunch of these drillings with the plastic trigger guards, so I am wondering if there are any aftermarket suppliers or parts houses that might be able to furnish a metal guard for my drilling. Anybody have any ideas?

JPBlaser

Re: Trigger guard for JP Sauer & Sohn drilling?

Post by JPBlaser »

As far as I know it should be a horn of some kind.

Best regards,
Last edited by JPBlaser on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

My Sauer drilling trigger guard was made of buffalo horn, it looked kind of like black plastic, but horn is the traditional material.
Robert J Stokes

Zboneee

Post by Zboneee »

Yes, horn is the traditional material for drilling trigger guards. However if you Google "J P Sauer & Sohn drilling trigger guards", you can find they have been made with steel and with plastic trigger guards. So my question is, does anyone know where I might obtain a replacement trigger guard that isn't plastic? Perhaps some of the European members might be able to suggest a source... Danke schön!

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

You could consider having one made.
A good gunsmith that speciales in restoration work on old guns could probably fabricate one out of metal.

Other than that I recommend you put a wanted add on egun in Germany. Include a picture of the one you have and want replaced.
I reckon someone would reply given time as they were made in reasonable numbers.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”