Aussie wait time?

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

SPEEDY

Aussie wait time?

Post by SPEEDY »

What the actual wait time for a K95 or D99 in Australia ATM.
I'm guessing that 9 months is about right, if so it might be quicker and cheaper to have one imported.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Re: Aussie wait time?

Post by 9.3x64 »

I reckon 9 -12 months.
I personally have no issue at all waiting that length of time.
Many manufacturers are at least that.
I have ordered two Merkels over the years and both were almost 2 years.
I wouldn't bother importing as I dont like the idea of trusting someone with my cash up front, not to mention potential damage issues.
Would it be cheaper? Maybe a bit.

I nearly imported a new Prechtyl 98 in left hand a few years ago, but the whole import process and handing 20k over up front just did not sit well with me.
Just my two cents Speedy.

I reckon you would be far betterr off ordering new and selling your body for 12 months to make up the extra cash....
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I've other things to sell if I need to, that I give away for free :whistle:

I was just looking at some of the new ones for sale from dealers on gunbroker, new and only a 2-3 month wait, with the roughly $1000 import cost to go through a broker and a price tag of $6400 it wouldn't be cheaper, just faster.
But maybe give it some proper thought in the new year, I'm definitely thinking that trying a light single shot out 1st might be the way to go before jumping through either hoop.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Don't forget 10% GST.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I'm pretty sure there are some K95 sitting on the rack at Mialls in a nice 308 Win that would be ready to go right now. As for the D99 well there are drillings and there are cheaper ones ready to go on Egun.de but its a punt. I've taken the punt a few times now and apart from a bungle with a barrel everything has been pretty good. Saved thousands compared to buying new. The germans talk a lot about guns but let me tell you, after 40 years my drilling was in better condition than my BBF97 was after 2 years. Sitting in the hochsitz does not wear them out lol!.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Think I will definitely try a single before I fork out for a K95.
If I don't like hunting with one then moving a K95 on will be a bit tough and a great way to lose a stack of cash.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

About 9 months I reckon, if you buy it here at least you're covered by a 10 year warranty. :handgestures-thumbup:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

9 months! :shock: Have the importers gone back to the days of sail? Even then, the clipper ships were pretty quick..... That's just nuts. :think:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

It's funny how different peoples expectations are so different.
I have absolutely no issue with a 12 month wait after order.
Both my Merkels I have ordered in the past took nearly 2 years. It's not so much about the delivery time, but more about getting a slot in the production line. Blaser like many others, manufacturer to order and do not keep stocks of guns in every combination lying around hoping those particular combinations might sell.
Then of course our importer in Australia has a large shipment every 6-9 months on top of that. If your gun is completed just after the last shipment leaves the factory I guess you have to wait for the next shipment. :violin:

Blasernovice

Post by Blasernovice »

Interesting about a 9 month wait in Aussie, my K95 order in NZ will be in the 5-6 month. Ordered mid-July, off the production line this week, shipped next week from Germany. Then probably a couple of weeks till I get it.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

9.3x64 wrote:It's funny how different peoples expectations are so different.
Fair enough. I ordered a fly rod from a bloke in 2007. Still waiting and not fussed. He'll build it when my name is next on the list. I guess if you know going in that you need to plan that far ahead, it is no big deal. Even so, with an importer making only 2 shipments a year, if that is the case, surely they could do better.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Blasernovice wrote:Interesting about a 9 month wait in Aussie, my K95 order in NZ will be in the 5-6 month. Ordered mid-July, off the production line this week, shipped next week from Germany. Then probably a couple of weeks till I get it.
Your production lag seems a bit longer that the usual 3/4 months, but yours does have the straight stock IIRC. The difference then is that yours if probably being airfreighted alone, which MAY reduce the paperwork and time lag in Germany as opposed to a much bigger shipment.

There is also very likely far less delay and paperwork between the rifle landing in NZ and getting to Hugh than there is in Aus.

For some reason wait times with Mialls seem to have blown out. You will be told 6-8 months, but it will be more like 9-12. There are various reasons for this.

It's also worth remembering that Blaser do not have a pile of completed firearms all ready to pick and pack.

Like others, I don't have a problem with waiting, provided I am told ACCURATELY how long the wait will be.

Blasernovice

Post by Blasernovice »

Mine is a normal standard stock (O4AK95 ordered the straight stock). It sounds like Stager Sport (NZ distrubutor) has a shipment being sent next week. Not sure if I'm lucky there or they do fairly regular shipments. My wait time is what I was told, including the week the rifle would be finished, when I ordered back in July. Sounds like a 5 month wait is pretty standard for an NZ order.
I'm not sure what paperwork the importer has to do to bring in to NZ, but I can either drive 5-6 hours to pick it up, or go to a local police station with the rifle details and my details, fill out a form that gets sent to local area arms office, which gets approved in a day or two, then emailed to distrubutor, who can then courier to me. Generally takes about a week with the courier.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

secondtry wrote:
Blasernovice wrote:Interesting about a 9 month wait in Aussie, my K95 order in NZ will be in the 5-6 month. Ordered mid-July, off the production line this week, shipped next week from Germany. Then probably a couple of weeks till I get it.
Your production lag seems a bit longer that the usual 3/4 months, but yours does have the straight stock IIRC. The difference then is that yours if probably being airfreighted alone, which MAY reduce the paperwork and time lag in Germany as opposed to a much bigger shipment.

There is also very likely far less delay and paperwork between the rifle landing in NZ and getting to Hugh than there is in Aus.

For some reason wait times with Mialls seem to have blown out. You will be told 6-8 months, but it will be more like 9-12. There are various reasons for this.

It's also worth remembering that Blaser do not have a pile of completed firearms all ready to pick and pack.

Like others, I don't have a problem with waiting, provided I am told ACCURATELY how long the wait will be.

I totally agree
I don't have a problem with waiting . But if I am told 6 months, I expect it to turn up in 6 months give or take a couple weeks. Not 12months . I understand that there are factors outside their control . Communication here is a lackluster affair.
I also believe there should be an airfreight options here .

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Yes an airfrieght option would be a great idea.
I guess being a left handed shooter I am just used to waiting for everything.
As long as the quoted time is accurate within a month I can live with that.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”