Aimpoint Micro H1 on Blaser BBF97

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

mchughcb

Aimpoint Micro H1 on Blaser BBF97

Post by mchughcb »

Today I finally went down to the range to sight the BBF97 with the new blaser aimpoint mount from Titanium Gunworks.
20171028_095254 (Large).jpg
It's been several weeks since it arrived so I've only used boresight for the shotgun barrel. Surprisingly it was close to target at 25m. And the 175gr hornady interlocks shoot to the same POI as the 175gr Woodleigh PP. Wound up 10 clicks and to the left 5 clicks and it was spot on.
20171028_100320 (Large).jpg
Then I moved it back to 100m and turned the brightness right down to about 6 and three shots on target. Very happy with that.
20171028_100515 (Large).jpg
I sighted the drilling in and then we retired to the clay pigeon thrower. My mate who's never fired the BBF97 managed to shoot about 15 clays in a row and now he's decided he should probably get a BBF97 rather than a R8 :doh: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SPEEDY

Re: Aimpoint Micro H1 on Blaser BBF97

Post by SPEEDY »

Looks to be doing a good job, have you git plans to zeroed slugs?
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Slugs are alreafy regulated on target for the scope at 50m. Didnt worry about it for the red dot.the shotgun will be close enough , main thing is red dot on target for sambar at 150m.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Majes sence, I want to zero my aimpoint for the 308win soon, good for carrying around and good for deer at the ranges I'm seeing them and definitely good for hunting pigs in December.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Should have been pig hunting this weekend with a blaserbud this week unfortunately work got in the way.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

mchughcb wrote:Slugs are alreafy regulated on target for the scope at 50m. Didnt worry about it for the red dot.the shotgun will be close enough , main thing is red dot on target for sambar at 150m.
Telepathy. It occurred to me a couple of days ago that I haven't checked rifle barrel to Aimpoint at 100yds.

I approached things in the reverse order to you. IE Slugs, rifle, scope and Aimpoint are all dead on (or near enough) at 50yds. Rifle is 1.5/2" high at 100 with the scope, BUT I haven't checked the Aimpoint to the rifle barrel at 100.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

My suggestion is get the big 200yard SSAA centrefire target wind it down to 7 setting and see how you go. Or if you have a nice big black target, even better with the contrast. I need to be 100% confident when hunting that my combo guns with the aimpoint will slay anything to at least 150m.

As an aside I do love shooting the little 7x57R with the 175gr Woodleigh PP.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”