BB97 trigger adsjustment

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

Vaughan

BB97 trigger adsjustment

Post by Vaughan »

Was out at the range this morning checking my zero on the BB97 and my 6BR ahead of a weekend of mixed moose and bird hunting. Other than a poor opening pair of shots with the 9,3x74R because I forgot I needed to hang on to it a bit more than the 6BR :oops: .... everything went very nicely.

I shot 6 "pairs" with the BB97 and it is clear that the back trigger is much lighter than the front one. I don't know what the weight of the front trigger, I'd guess a shade lighter than for my R93s but I like it as it is. I've known they broke differently from day 1 but I'm getting more and more familiar with the rifle now and I'm starting to think I need to look into this.. The Bix'n Andy trigger on the R93 6BR is set to 500gm and breaks without travel (not everyones cup of tea perhaps but it works for me). The back trigger on the BB97 feels about the same and also has no travel. It basically functions like a set-trigger. I need to measure it of course but it is too light, in my opinion, for such a firearm.

I won't mess with trigger adjustments on this rifle myself but, just the same, does anyone know whether and how it can be adjusted?
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Vaughan

Re: BB97 trigger adsjustment

Post by Vaughan »

I should add - the main reason I'm a bit concerned is that now winter is here and I'm hunting with gloves on it raises the possibility of an accidental discharge when sliding the finger to the rear trigger in preparation for a 2nd shot. This hasn't happened and since I'm conscious of the risk I doubt that it will but a heavier trigger weight would be no bad thing.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Yes i know they can be adjusted and have had mine adjusted im sure for 1.5lb. Now blaserbud LOW had his adjusted to 1.5lb as well, then they had to adjusted again to 1kg so he could get it registered. So no problems as long as its with a blaser gunsmith.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Cheers! Thanks for that. I'll hand it in once I'm done with my season.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”