New CZ combination guns.

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

Excessexpress

Re: New CZ combination guns.

Post by Excessexpress »

secondtry wrote:No 7mm or 6.5 ????

Certainly looks like good value, although the available calibres suggest a focus on bigger game animals.

Apparently 308 is the only option for now.

I guess it depends on whether they sell quickly.

I'll go and take another look at whether it's set up for a reflex / dot sight, which is the way I'd go.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

ebrownw2 wrote:I'd just save for a few more months and get a Blaser. The trigger will be $300 better. The wood will be $500 better. You already have a scope and mount that would work which saves you at least $1000. What few bucks you're apart at that point should be less than a Blaserbud would sell his soul for. :whistle:
Actually the only, and I mean only thing that I don't like about the BBF etc is that the barrels aren't joined.
I hate the look with the rubber removed and I hate the fact there us rubber there to start with.
I've thought it over quite a bit and thats the desl breaker for me.
I'd rather buy the Bruno or a Styer fir that reason. Although I'd never buy the old Bruno as it was too chunky, the new one looks nice but.

Although I'd probably buy another barrel for the R93 or a carbon R93 stock before either one anyway. :lol:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Excessexpress wrote:

Certainly looks like good value, although the available calibres suggest a focus on bigger game animals.

No there's the 9.3x74 listed on used guns too, so they must be bringing both of them at least.
This also isn't a farm gun like the others and the Savage were, so they are probably marketed at game hunters more then pest destruction.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Speedy you shove that black rubber in there and at 1m you cant tell the difference between that and a soldered barrel. However as my videos show you can still shoot sub moa at 200m without waiting for the barrels to cool.

Excessexpress

Post by Excessexpress »

SPEEDY wrote:
Excessexpress wrote:

No there's the 9.3x74 listed on used guns too, so they must be bringing both of them at least.
This also isn't a farm gun like the others and the Savage were, so they are probably marketed at game hunters more then pest destruction.

Yes, correct based on what I wrote, but what I mean was; 308 is the only option other than 9.3x74R.

You all got that right? :whistle:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Ah in the end I guess, just that 30/06 and 8x57JRS are the other options that I'm not sure are being imported so CZ is definitely marketing these as a more serious option for game hunters as opposed to their old line that had more 22hp, 222rem, 223rem offerings.

BlaserMania

Post by BlaserMania »

Hi All,

I've shouldered the CZ combo rifle, fits me well, Clayton's have both 308 and 9.3x74r and they're selling them for 2.5k.
The Winchester OZ portal shows 8x57 and 3006 in the list but no stock, so can be ordered but theres a 4-6 month wait time.

Archie

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

BlaserMania wrote:Hi All,

I've shouldered the CZ combo rifle, fits me well, Clayton's have both 308 and 9.3x74r and they're selling them for 2.5k.
The Winchester OZ portal shows 8x57 and 3006 in the list but no stock, so can be ordered but theres a 4-6 month wait time.

Archie
Thanks Archie. :handgestures-thumbup:

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”