Blaser BB97 9.3 vs Blaser R93 416 Rem

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

mchughcb

Blaser BB97 9.3 vs Blaser R93 416 Rem

Post by mchughcb »

Like the series ultimate warrior or is that worrier? I put the Blaser BB97 up against the R93 in a rapid fire shootout in the case of charging duiker. R93 lost.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/OmvUxhcereQ[/bbvideo]

SPEEDY

Re: Blaser BB97 9.3 vs Blaser R93 416 Rem

Post by SPEEDY »

Knew plenty of old timers back in the day that could put 8 rounds through a SxS before us young pups could put 8 through a Rem 1100.
You would put the 1st 5 out quick, but they always had you on the reload.
Damn they could drop two in the chambers smooth and quick.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Repeat the experiment with either a S2 in .416/500 or an R93 in 9,3x62 as you have a rather large confounding factor which negates true comparison of action type.

And what is it with the LR BGRC? Can’t you blokes operate a stop watch for individual timed events such as Pete’s special and Hayley’s hop? Far better test of skill than special snap

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

I am pleasantly surprised at how little the 416 appears to bounce up. But I still don't want one :lol:

I am also surprised at how much faffing around is involved in recharging the R93 mag., perhaps because I have never tried to do a rapid recharge. Is the 416 worse than the 06 in that regard ?

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I haven't compared them against each other but I'd say the 416 rem is worse. You have a belt that you need to make sure its pushed down to slip the last one over into the chamber.

The image stabilisation is great on the Sony. But from another angle they bounce okay

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/toeMhxjVKBY[/bbvideo]

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Nasty !! Don't be offended, but you look a little apprehensive with it. I know I would be :lol:

I hadn't thought of the belt. Another negative for belted cases. Are there any positives ? No ? I thought not :(

9.3 x74 keeps looking better.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

It would probably be a bit quicker to hahe a Blaser two round holder on the stock, then to start with 4, load 3 and then hot load or single load the last.

It might seem a little counter intuitive but you might find it quicker then fiddling around trying to chamer a 4th one in

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Depends on the event.

Special snap: 8 rounds at 25m in under 35 seconds is a doddle compared with individual timed events where you are restricted in the number of rounds in the gun at any one time, and or you have to shoot at multiple targets set at different distances. From memory there was recent discussions at the National as to how to stop a 10 round box mag fed rifle in .338 Fed from winning Special Snap as the current rules favour a rifle that just makes group 1 ballistics and has a big magazine capacity.

Other events also take into consideration power factor in combination with time and score - a 9,3 might be quicker but a well shot .500j can still beat it...

Not all events are shot by all clubs though - heres the run down for Brisbane BGRC
Rules and Course of Fire Brisbane BGRC.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

SPEEDY wrote:It would probably be a bit quicker to hahe a Blaser two round holder on the stock, then to start with 4, load 3 and then hot load or single load the last.

It might seem a little counter intuitive but you might find it quicker then fiddling around trying to chamer a 4th one in
In the video, of R93 you will see the shadow of the previous club president shooting his 375 H&H who can shoot extremely well offhand and reloads faster than me. However if you look closely will also see that the BB97 shoots quicker than him but he scored better than me and he practices every week. So a 9.3x74R versus 375H&H winchester bolt action is probably a reasonably comparison.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

It depends on what matters speed or accuracy when it comes to scoring.
I don't pretend to know anything about competition shooting but one thing I learned shooting timed serials at was "use every second"

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”