Blaser ES67 BBF anyone?

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

Dilly541

Blaser ES67 BBF anyone?

Post by Dilly541 »

Hello all. My first dive into the world of Blaser is below. Although it is not marked as such, I strongly suspect it is an ES67. It is configured as 16ga over 5.6X50R mag and is topped with a Hertel and Reuss 2-7 scope on claw mounts. Shoots great and is an easy carry.

What has me totally stumped however, it the barrel set. Does anyone know how they are removed? It doesn't tip down to detach like most break action firearms. I suspect the hinge pin may need to come out. Can anyone confirm?

I took a turkey with it this spring and have popped a couple coyotes too. I shoots 40grain Nolser varmageddon bullets like a champ.

SPEEDY

Re: Blaser ES67 BBF anyone?

Post by SPEEDY »

I'm no expert but it looks like it wasn't ment to be taken down for some reason, but it does look like the screw is the key.
Maybe its only ment to be taken down for travel.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

In the cuurent BBF (at least in mine) the barrel set is a very tight fit between the action sides, and it it can be quite tricky to disassemble and reassemble.

This can be deceptive until you get the knack, or until the gun loosens up a bit. I do not believe removing the hinge pin would be necessary or desirable, The potential, with some users, for lost bits, incorrect tension etc, would far too high for a manufacturer to go down that path.

analog_art

Post by analog_art »

You have to remove the hinge screw. And you'll want to have exactly the right screwdriver to do it.

I used to have the gunsmith at Frankonia do it for me when I was in Stuttgart. Takedown (without scratching the receiver or damaging the screw) involves clamping the receiver in a vice (wrapped in leather) and a REALLY BIG gunsmith. He was so happy to see one of these in use (and getting dirty) that he'd usually clean out the receiver for me and put it back together.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

You mean a "really BIG gunsmith"with scratch and mar insurance :lol: :lol:

I've done that sort of thing with M98 type rifles with really tight guard screws. Correct screwdriver - modified if necessary, lean on it as hard as possible, and - turn !! Never had one slip but it is nerve wracking.

Dilly541

Post by Dilly541 »

It’s pretty damn clean anyway, so I don’t see myself going down that path anytime soon. It just had me totally stumped as to why it didn’t just pivot apart like any other gun. Thanks for solving the mystery.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”